Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free Camping on the pitch at the amex 24th may

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This ACTUALLY happened ?

Unbelievable.

Don't be a tosser. It's a bit of fun aimed at families & kids, in half term week, hence the training sessions on the pitch and so on. From what I'm reading on various social media outlets tonight, they're all having a brilliant time. If you think there's something "unbelievable" about a football club doing stuff to engage with their younger fans, then you're a bigger tool than I previously took you for.

Let's be honest, if Palace offered you the same opportunity- I'm working on the basis that you have kids here- you'd be wetting your pants with joy and sprinting down to Millets for a new tent. There are plenty of reasons for you to take the piss if you look hard enough. This isn't one of them, and frankly, you've made yourself look like a bit of a twunt IMHO.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Don't be a tosser. It's a bit of fun aimed at families & kids, in half term week, hence the training sessions on the pitch and so on. From what I'm reading on various social media outlets tonight, they're all having a brilliant time. If you think there's something "unbelievable" about a football club doing stuff to engage with their younger fans, then you're a bigger tool than I previously took you for.

Let's be honest, if Palace offered you the same opportunity- I'm working on the basis that you have kids here- you'd be wetting your pants with joy and sprinting down to Millets for a new tent. There are plenty of reasons for you to take the piss if you look hard enough. This isn't one of them, and frankly, you've made yourself look like a bit of a twunt IMHO.

Correct answer

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Se20 has kids:eek:-------no way:p

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
He can think what he likes I couldn't go as working tomorrow. My hubby is there with our 7yr old son and they are having a great time. Surely that is what it is all about I think it is brillant just jealous I couldn't be there.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012

Oh come on Edna, it was obviously a gentle bit of mickey taking, stop getting your knickers in a twist.

S

smileyweb

Has been a superb event so far.

AITC coaches organised matches for the kids (and Dad's). Moshe Jnr "scored at The Amex" while I had to settle for a Stockdalesque M.O.M. performance to remember from my match...

Mrs G. has just arrived and enjoyed with us the delicious Lamb Casserole & Gnocchi Florentine laid on in the BUPA Lounge. Don't know the movie choice yet but all is well and even the forecast rain has held off.

Well done the club.

I was the AITC coach running all the kids sessions and matches today, so glad to hear that everyone had a good day - and that nobody got hurt in the Dads match at the end!

Hope you all have a good night - at least now that the Lego Movie is playing at the right speed... ��

I'm now enjoying a lovely, cold, alcoholic beverage. *burp*

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I was there, but I was shocked to see so many kids, then I realised it was for kids, I was so embarrassed as I thought it was supposed to be a sophisticated evening of football, dinner, wine, a few HILARIOUS films, and maybe some more adult ones after 10pm, so yes there was football, dinner and films, but it was so awkward seeing all the kids and their parents look at me with a look of " what the **** are you doing here?" on their faces, especially the parents, it got even more awkward after I broke some little kid's leg in a heated game of football, then I got into such a massive argument with the poor child's father, who was absolutely livid with me, even now I can't think why, he said I was "a weirdo" that is too old for this kind of "shit" and he said it was unfair that I was taking the place of a child and their parent, and that he would tell on me to Paul Barber himself, to which I replied that I'd tell on him for saying the s-word. Everybody was scowling at me, which put me off playing football, there was still two hours until dinner, so I decided to keep a low profile in my slug tent, while in there I got bored and started to... well you know, I don't need to describe it, I got kind of put off every time a kid and their parent walked passed, especially when they started asking whether they were cooking fish for dinner, someone had a bright idea to ask Paul Barber himself what dinner was, he obviously had an idea about what was going on in one of the tents, as he ran across like a flash with Tony Bloom himself and they literally pulled me out of the tent and carried me out of the AMEX, I then started to cry out of shame and begged them to let me back in, so they eventually gave in and took me into the place where dinner was, but as a punishment they gave me a crust of stale bread and a brighton and hove albion brand bonbon instead of dinner, after that they showed the lego movie, which was fantastic but not what I had hoped for, I was hoping for something more along the lines of The Inbetweeners 2, or something similar, right now everyone is settling down in their tents, including me, although it stinks because some kid has pissed himself, and Paul barber, Tony Bloom and Chris Hughton themselves have pitched their tent right next to mine (USING METAL PEGS!!!!), I already told them I wouldn't do it again, anyway I would rate the day 8/10.

:moo:.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh come on Edna, it was obviously a gentle bit of mickey taking, stop getting your knickers in a twist.

Come on, don't try and backtrack now because you've made yourself look like a humourless, mean-minded Palace gibbon (as are the rest of them taking the piss on Twitter right now...completely missing the point).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Update from The Amex... :)

All is very quiet (nothing unusual there fnaar fnaar...) - get the sense that very happy campers are settling in for the night.
[MENTION=21816]smileyweb[/MENTION] thank you very much for your efforts. The children loved the organised sessions but also the unexpected licence to play footy all over the place for about 6 hours...!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I was there, but I was shocked to see so many kids, then I realised it was for kids, I was so embarrassed as I thought it was supposed to be a sophisticated evening of football, dinner, wine, a few HILARIOUS films, and maybe some more adult ones after 10pm, so yes there was football, dinner and films, but it was so awkward seeing all the kids and their parents look at me with a look of " what the **** are you doing here?" on their faces, especially the parents, it got even more awkward after I broke some little kid's leg in a heated game of football, then I got into such a massive argument with the poor child's father, who was absolutely livid with me, even now I can't think why, he said I was "a weirdo" that is too old for this kind of "shit" and he said it was unfair that I was taking the place of a child and their parent, and that he would tell on me to Paul Barber himself, to which I replied that I'd tell on him for saying the s-word. Everybody was scowling at me, which put me off playing football, there was still two hours until dinner, so I decided to keep a low profile in my slug tent, while in there I got bored and started to... well you know, I don't need to describe it, I got kind of put off every time a kid and their parent walked passed, especially when they started asking whether they were cooking fish for dinner, someone had a bright idea to ask Paul Barber himself what dinner was, he obviously had an idea about what was going on in one of the tents, as he ran across like a flash with Tony Bloom himself and they literally pulled me out of the tent and carried me out of the AMEX, I then started to cry out of shame and begged them to let me back in, so they eventually gave in and took me into the place where dinner was, but as a punishment they gave me a crust of stale bread and a brighton and hove albion brand bonbon instead of dinner, after that they showed the lego movie, which was fantastic but not what I had hoped for, I was hoping for something more along the lines of The Inbetweeners 2, or something similar, right now everyone is settling down in their tents, including me, although it stinks because some kid has pissed himself, and Paul barber, Tony Bloom and Chris Hughton themselves have pitched their tent right next to mine (USING METAL PEGS!!!!), I already told them I wouldn't do it again, anyway I would rate the day 8/10.

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Yoda

English & European

As good as that is, use some more full stops and paragraph a bit more. Started doing my eyes in reading that.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Final update (feedback for the club if reading...).

A surreal and hugely enjoyable experience is coming to an end with lovely bacon rolls and coffee while seated in the Directors' Box...

Thank you to everyone responsible. Special mention to the staff working here who have been outstanding. Never once had the feeling that we are receiving a favour - they have been exceptionally friendly and happy to help throughout.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Final update (feedback for the club if reading...).

A surreal and hugely enjoyable experience is coming to an end with lovely bacon rolls and coffee while seated in the Directors' Box...

Thank you to everyone responsible. Special mention to the staff working here who have been outstanding. Never once had the feeling that we are receiving a favour - they have been exceptionally friendly and happy to help throughout.

Seconded on behalf of people I know who are there. They have had a great, great time & the nosh was v good. Well done Albion.

image.jpg

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
As good as that is, use some more full stops and paragraph a bit more. Started doing my eyes in reading that.

I use too many commas when I write long sentences and paragraphs, I always do this, perhaps that's why they let me go because they thought it was a child emailing them ???.

Or you could say , at one end of the A23, one team finishes in the top ten of the PL.
Whereas at the other end of the A23, another team leases out its pitch to Mr Fiddler, who charges campers one pound to erect their tents.
What a carry on.

I hope you are seriously injured in a loose cladding accident.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What a great event for the club to host.

Only sour-faced, mean-spirited palace fans seem to have an issue with it for some reason best known to themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here