Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevie G hand shandy

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Come again? Are you serious? So if someone starts a thread on, say, 'Hughton out', or 'Vote UKIP', or 'Bring back hanging' you expect people who don't agree to just ignore it and not open the thread and argue their case?

Blimey!

Again with this, quite wrong, view of the conversation.

Someone has created a thread to moan about something they saw.

Someone else has come in and decried the pointlessness of this thread, suggesting people who contributed to it, instead of starting the thread and making their feelings known should have instead changed the channel.

When the hypocrisy of criticising those posters for moaning about something they can avoid, is highlighted, those that told people to stop watching instead of starting a thread are acting like they themselves are being told what they can and can't post on here.

They're not.

"Actually, I thought it was appropriately touching tribute to the man"/"Stevie single handedly lifted liverpool to a champions league title - Liverpool's greatest success of recent times" is disagreeing with people who were critical of the meal Sky and other media made over this.

"You know that thing you're saying we can do if we don't like it, you can do that with this thread, too, so you're being hypocritical when you tell us to just turn the channel" is not telling people they can't post in a thread they disagree with.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
:lolol: I normally get a bit miffed with the constant moaners, and the people that put down our top sportsman. I suspect that Terry will get the same stick, another that has been a one man club, and Scholes.......all World class at some point in their careers.
Interesting to see today that Pirlo has also stated that Gerrard was the "complete midfielder" and he wanted him at AC Milan when he was there. Like Fergie and Mourmoanio and Zidane, i tend to value their opinion above those that are just voyeurs.
Why do we feel the need to diss our best when the world seem to appreciate them, jealousy i suspect.

Terry and Scholes are 1 man clubs (in the case of Terry as it stands) where as Stevie is going to LA Galaxy which by my understanding is another football club. He also publicly handed in a transfer request wanting a move to Chelsea.

Lastly just as a general reminder I have as many premier league medals as the supposed best Liverpool player ever

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Terry and Scholes are 1 man clubs (in the case of Terry as it stands) where as Stevie is going to LA Galaxy which by my understanding is another football club. He also publicly handed in a transfer request wanting a move to Chelsea.

Lastly just as a general reminder I have as many premier league medals as the supposed best Liverpool player ever

Story doing the rounds at the time was he wanted to go to Chelsea, but a Liverpool "Heavy", who was friendly with his missus, made him have a change of heart.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
And what a great piece of party poopery by the boys from SE 25.
Played some lovely football, and Puncheon is fast becoming a fine footballer.

And what a great piece of party poopery by the boys from SE 25.
Played some lovely football, and Puncheon is fast becoming a fine footballer.

Your players gave the tosser a guard of honour.
Your fans gave him a standing ovation.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Your players gave the tosser a guard of honour.
Your fans gave him a standing ovation.

Your fans gave him a standing ovation when he warmed up at the Amex, so what ?
Personally not pleased with the Stevie G love in, good player in mostly poor ,Liverpool teams.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
It's called respect, strange that some Palace fans gave us stick for applauding him at the Amex a couple of years back. Palace thoroughly deserved to win in my book, they are a strange team, some excellent players, like Bolaise and Puncheon, but some very average one like the left back,, McCarthy and Ledley who loom out of their depth. Ward I heard had a great year, but the last 2 games I watched, looked poor, but a great victory and at last Palace showed some respect.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It's called respect, strange that some Palace fans gave us stick for applauding him at the Amex a couple of years back. Palace thoroughly deserved to win in my book, they are a strange team, some excellent players, like Bolaise and Puncheon, but some very average one like the left back,, McCarthy and Ledley who loom out of their depth. Ward I heard had a great year, but the last 2 games I watched, looked poor, but a great victory and at last Palace showed some respect.

McCarthy ?
He's been injured or out on loan for 2 seasons.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Personally not pleased with the Stevie G love in, good player in mostly poor ,Liverpool teams.

Yep and you lot took the piss for ages ,

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
CP a club I have hated for well over a quarter of a century with a passion.
A crap ground in a crap part of London/north Surrey.
However, have recently acknowledged to myself that they do have some of that old charm I miss. Make a lot of noise, results don't seem to bother them either way and they don't moan just get on with it. Unlike us Brighton fans who should be happy with what we have and looking upwards but seem to moan about a little swearing in the North Stand, rubbish pies and the problems in getting a train after the game has finished. We seem so "Shiney" but with very little soul.
So respect to the CP fans at Anfield the other day, well deserved win even though I still hate you all lol.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There was applause from some, but no 'standing ovation'.

I was there, didn't happen ( unless I was so drunk I couldn't work out if people were standing or sitting ).

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

Sorry not sure of the other guy in midfield, I know it was not jedinak, thought it was him, apologies.

I can only assume you're talking about James Mcarthur, in which case you're utterly mental. He's a fantastic player and one of our most consistent performers since he joined for £7m. The left-back Souare has only just joined us from France so he'll take a little while to get up to speed. As for Ledley, I certainly wouldn't call him average. He makes our midfield tick and we don't look the same side without him. He's just as much a Premier League player as the rest of the squad. None of them compare to Puncheon or Dann though, who are two outstanding players and the spine of our team. If Scotty doesn't make the next England squad then it will be a disgrace.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There was applause from some, but no 'standing ovation'.

I was there, didn't happen ( unless I was so drunk I couldn't work out if people were standing or sitting ).

Yup, thats about the sum of it. Didn't stop the usual BBS buffoons from masturbating furiously over the perpetuated myth that Gerrard was given some kind of stadiumwide hero-worship ovation as he warmed up on the touchline that night at the Amex. From memory I think he'd just recently come back from injury, and there was a light smattering of applause from a few people in the West when he emerged from the dugout.

Gerrard was applauded by the Palace away support on Saturday, but you don't see 15 threads on here about it calling them a bunch of starstruck bindipper fans in disguise.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Gerrard was applauded by the Palace away support on Saturday, but you don't see 15 threads on here about it calling them a bunch of starstruck bindipper fans in disguise.

That might be because you've been taken in by the constant repitition in the media that Palace are the best fans in the country.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That might be because you've been taken in by the constant repitition in the media that Palace are the best fans in the country.

A ridiculous notion obviously.
Everyone knows Portsmouth are the best fans in the country

#twats

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
CP a club I have hated for well over a quarter of a century with a passion.
A crap ground in a crap part of London/north Surrey.
However, have recently acknowledged to myself that they do have some of that old charm I miss. Make a lot of noise, results don't seem to bother them either way and they don't moan just get on with it. Unlike us Brighton fans who should be happy with what we have and looking upwards but seem to moan about a little swearing in the North Stand, rubbish pies and the problems in getting a train after the game has finished. We seem so "Shiney" but with very little soul.
So respect to the CP fans at Anfield the other day, well deserved win even though I still hate you all lol.
Results don't bother Palace fans? Really?? You clearly don't remember numerous threads on here about their attendance figures towards the end of the season they beat us in the play offs. Their fans gave up and stayed at home when they thought they weren't gonna make the play offs. Football fans are a fickle breed regardless of the club they support.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I can only assume you're talking about James Mcarthur, in which case you're utterly mental. He's a fantastic player and one of our most consistent performers since he joined for £7m. The left-back Souare has only just joined us from France so he'll take a little while to get up to speed. As for Ledley, I certainly wouldn't call him average. He makes our midfield tick and we don't look the same side without him. He's just as much a Premier League player as the rest of the squad. None of them compare to Puncheon or Dann though, who are two outstanding players and the spine of our team. If Scotty doesn't make the next England squad then it will be a disgrace.

Well I must be mental to be watching a Palace game and having an opinion, the midfield in my view looks very average, maybe that is why you bypass it a lot. As said you deserved to win and played well, but also my Palace friend reckons you need some class in midfield, as he thinks that is where it need improving as the possession stats confirm ( lowest in the prem). I was not having a go, but to be called mental for having an opinion is a bit strong from the greatest fans in the world?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here