Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish striker

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Exactly a feckin Northern Monkey side with awful crowd attendances, no better a position in the world of football fame than Albion are.

Its not about outbidding for players, its about the budget you have available... clearly we have got rid of quite a few high earners so you would imagine we have some decent scope at present.

But I still dont want us spending an absolute fortune on someones wages, you have to stick to your principles and offer what you think a player is worth.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
It's really quite amazing how little belief in our NEW scouting team there is from NSC's finest.
The old team was tosh so our Chairman got rid. New team is in place and our first opportunity to see the fruits of their labour will be in the next few months.
Depressing bunch of old gits on this site sometimes.

Yeah.. but hang on a minute you really can't blame ANY Albion fans for feeling negative can you ?
Look at the season we have just had, we have escaped relegation not strongly but with a Lepers Limp,
complete disgrace in all departments. Our Chairman let us down badly too broken promises and bullshit.
Fans need to see positive action, not his broken promises every season.
This new team you mentioned I think only consists of Burkes replacement who Houghton wanted which is Ewan Chester now Head Scout.
I'm not 100% sure if Paul Winstanley, Darren Wrack, Ian Pearce and Jamie Johnson were just brought in I have feeling they were already here,
he did bring Colin Calderwood in though as his No 2.

Things do seem to be happening this season much quicker, but it shouldn't have taken what happened with Hyypia to make them do it.
This is the first season since moving into the Amex that things have moved as quick as they have, and long may it continue,
As long as we dont end up with the crap again, I'm sure we won't.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
No negativity here, we have a history of bouncing back and after the steady decline, plus change of personnel, it is now time for the fight back.
New players and existing players with renewed belief.
It's a cycle we repeat so often, I'm predicting a top 6 place next season.
:albion2:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Looking over this thread I am at a loss to why some on here even bother to support the club at all. If you want all the success and big money signings jog on and follow Chelski or similar.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Yeah.. but hang on a minute you really can't blame ANY Albion fans for feeling negative can you ?
Look at the season we have just had, we have escaped relegation not strongly but with a Lepers Limp,
complete disgrace in all departments. Our Chairman let us down badly too broken promises and bullshit.
Fans need to see positive action, not his broken promises every season.
This new team you mentioned I think only consists of Burkes replacement who Houghton wanted which is Ewan Chester now Head Scout.
I'm not 100% sure if Paul Winstanley, Darren Wrack, Ian Pearce and Jamie Johnson were just brought in I have feeling they were already here,
he did bring Colin Calderwood in though as his No 2.

Things do seem to be happening this season much quicker, but it shouldn't have taken what happened with Hyypia to make them do it.
This is the first season since moving into the Amex that things have moved as quick as they have, and long may it continue,
As long as we dont end up with the crap again, I'm sure we won't.

Paul Winstanley joined towards the end of the Summer transfer window so I am not sure a lot of blame can be attributed to him regarding the balls up that was last summers recruitment. Winstanley has since appointed Pearce and Johnson to the scouting department, they both joined towards the end of Burke's reign of terror. This upcoming window is the first proper test of the changes to our player identification and recruitment department.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Being negative would be saying something like 'I don't think Hughton is doing well, I don't think we've bought the right players and with our limited budget I don't think we can fix the problems over summer to give us a good season next year'. That's negative. Whereas saying "Our Chairman let us down badly too broken promises and bullshit" is factually incorrect and bedwetting.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I haven't read the thread. Has anyone popped up with a 'The Spanish second division is the equivalent of the conference' type comment yet?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Given we outspend most of the Championship in terms of our wage bills (reports indicate we're in the top 10 or thereabouts) then we can.

But that's because we had;

Baldock
Colunga
CMS
Best
Bent - for a bit
O'Grady

ALL on our wage bill. Rather than, say, 3 QUALITY strikers. We'd rather have LOADS of mediocre strikers than a few good ones. Especially logical seeing as we play ONE up front.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Being negative would be saying something like 'I don't think Hughton is doing well, I don't think we've bought the right players and with our limited budget I don't think we can fix the problems over summer to give us a good season next year'. That's negative. Whereas saying "Our Chairman let us down badly too broken promises and bullshit" is factually incorrect and bedwetting.

Use any other word than that, your post was going quite well until that point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here