Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is Albion goalkeeper Robert Sanchez?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Suggest you go on to their fans forum, getting a bit of flack.

I've discovered today that I can't say anything in writing which doesn't incite an aggresive response. Getting involved in telling Forest Green fans to leave off the top standard goalkeeper we've leant them for a season (they're welcome) isn't going to end well for me. Instead, I'm going outside.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I've discovered today that I can't say anything in writing which doesn't incite an aggresive response. Getting involved in telling Forest Green fans to leave off the top standard goalkeeper we've leant them for a season (they're welcome) isn't going to end well for me. Instead, I'm going outside.

Sorry if you think I was aggressive [emoji2].

To be fair, I understand their point of view in that he has given away four penalties, which does seem a lot.

You can only imagine what NSC would be like if it had been us, I mean Ryan was deemed ‘not good enough’ after three games.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Walton's first loan out didn't go that well, either. and he was England U18 goalie at the time so had more experience than Sanchez.

He's got 7-8 years until he's regularly holding down a first team spot in the top two divisions so a few criticisms wouldn't concern me.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Suggest you go on to their fans forum, getting a bit of flack.

I haven't actually tried posting on their board, so I don't know how vitriolic it may be. They certainly seem to have turned on him pretty quickly - a couple of weeks ago they were purring with delight at getting a brilliant GK in who solved their dodgy keeper (including the now apparently revered Monty) problems and gave their defence and midfield the confidence to play further up the pitch.
It does appear that it might be a little bit of over-confidence (which is no bad thing in a young keeper) is the problem, resulting in the occasional error - the sort of thing you might expect of a young keeper (and for him to learn from - which is why a team three divisions down from us has got him on loan!).
Or perhaps FGR have got a few posters who on our boards would have insisted that Barnes was sh*t and Kayal is only fit for a league lower than we are in.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Walton's first loan out didn't go that well, either. and he was England U18 goalie at the time so had more experience than Sanchez.

He's got 7-8 years until he's regularly holding down a first team spot in the top two divisions so a few criticisms wouldn't concern me.

No concern from our perspective, after all he’s there to learn.

I have been following him on the EFL show and until yesterday, (which was sloppy), would have said the others were more youthful exuberance.....

He actually saved the penalty yesterday, but not the f/up.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I haven't actually tried posting on their board, so I don't know how vitriolic it may be. They certainly seem to have turned on him pretty quickly - a couple of weeks ago they were purring with delight at getting a brilliant GK in who solved their dodgy keeper (including the now apparently revered Monty) problems and gave their defence and midfield the confidence to play further up the pitch.
It does appear that it might be a little bit of over-confidence (which is no bad thing in a young keeper) is the problem, resulting in the occasional error - the sort of thing you might expect of a young keeper (and for him to learn from - which is why a team three divisions down from us has got him on loan!).
Or perhaps FGR have got a few posters who on our boards would have insisted that Barnes was sh*t and Kayal is only fit for a league lower than we are in.

Not vitriolic as such, just frustrated, and the majority seem to want him dropped.....

Agree with your main points though.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
'Vitriolic' refers to what NE seemed to imply about the responses he got from going on the FGR website rather than their comments about Sanchez.

I've never used that word, and I've never viewed their forum. I was replying to a post in this thread with my opinion that they've got a very good goalkeeper on loan. They should be happy, I also quoted their league record which is not bad at all.

I know a Preston fan, they had Jordan Pickford on loan for a couple of spells and he thought he was terrible. Never rated him, never wanted him in their team because of all the errors he apparently was making and all the goals he was costing them. He was convinced that he was going to find his way into the non-leagues and disappear. I wasn't having any of it, I generally back myself when it comes to assessing goalkeepers. Obviously, I've got a fair amount wrong but I wasn't wrong about Pickford.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I've never used that word, and I've never viewed their forum. I was replying to a post in this thread with my opinion that they've got a very good goalkeeper on loan. They should be happy, I also quoted their league record which is not bad at all.

I know a Preston fan, they had Jordan Pickford on loan for a couple of spells and he thought he was terrible. Never rated him, never wanted him in their team because of all the errors he apparently was making and all the goals he was costing them. He was convinced that he was going to find his way into the non-leagues and disappear. I wasn't having any of it, I generally back myself when it comes to assessing goalkeepers. Obviously, I've got a fair amount wrong but I wasn't wrong about Pickford.

Well I reckon a 'ninja elephant' would be an awesome keeper... What's more I've now decided that you must be a decent keeper yourself and I'm secretly hoping you're actually Perry Digweed. I also reckon you were right about that Pickford bloke... I also reckon Sanchez is going to be a top level keeper one day soon.

All in all, I'd say, you're on a roll.

If I could thumb you up twice, BOY, I wouldn't hesitate.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No probs. I was just paraphrasing 'aggressive response' as being a vitriolic one, and mistakenly thought you were referring to responses you'd had on the FGR forum..

And as you say, they should be happy - very, very happy in my opinion, considering the size of Forest Green (or even if you include the whole of Nailsworth!) Basically they have to be by far the best village team in England!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well, I've kissed him and he's died. Robert Sanchez on the bench tonight for Forest Green.

Sorry, Robert!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Well, I've kissed him and he's died. Robert Sanchez on the bench tonight for Forest Green.

Sorry, Robert!

Shame. Inconsistency with kids though. He will improve because of this.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Only caught a very brief glimpse on the SSN highlights, but I thought the goalkeeper didn't do very well for the Tranmere goal, so perhaps rather glad that wasn't our young Robert!

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Only caught a very brief glimpse on the SSN highlights, but I thought the goalkeeper didn't do very well for the Tranmere goal, so perhaps rather glad that wasn't our young Robert!

I actually went along to the game, not living a million miles away and a new ground to tick off. The keeper, James Montgomery was pretty good. Solid with pretty decent distribution and trying to play from back. If you saw the Jamie Vardy V9 academy recently, he was the guy from there. He went down with cramp it appeared (first time I’d seen that with a keeper). Last 15 he looked nervous and a tad dodgy. FGR played some decent football actually, enjoyed watched a proper league 2 game again.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Back training with Albion today:-

Sanchez1stTeamTraining2Oct242018.jpg

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Oh lor' - just seen it on SSN Goals Express. Was an absolute howler - shame, as he'd just got his place back. But boy, that was a real shocker though..............

Maty Ryan v Atlético Madrid springs to mind. Whatever happened to him?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
An acquaintance of mine who knows Bruno told me a while back that the great man said we had a Spanish keeper who was possibly the best he’d ever seen for his age. Pretty sure that must have been this kid.

Bruno knew...

looking back through this thread it's funny to see Leeds' Ben White listed as 1st year scholar in 2015 and on teamsheet v Lewes

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here