Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who is Albion goalkeeper Robert Sanchez?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Today the Albion announced the players who have been offered their first professional contract - SEVEN OFFERED DEVELOPMENT CONTRACTS

To quote:-

Goalkeeper Robert Sanchez (17), ....

Now, I would like to think that I know a little about the youngsters coming through the system. But goalkeeper Robert Sanchez :shrug:

He hasn't played a single U-21 or U-18 game this season. In fact, the only other reference I have seen to him was last July, when the Albion official site had an article about the U-18s pre-season tour - UNDER-18 PORTUGAL TOUR

Although it was removed very quickly, the article originally included a listing of the squad members:-

AlbionScholars.jpg

So, he was with the club last summer, but didn't make a single appearance during the season, and now has signed a professional contract. Who is he? What is his background and where has he been playing for the last 12 months?

Over to you, NSC.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Blimey they have kept him under the radar if you can't find anything.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Today the Albion announced the players who have been offered their first professional contract - SEVEN OFFERED DEVELOPMENT CONTRACTS

To quote:-

Now, I would like to think that I know a little about the youngsters coming through the system. But goalkeeper Robert Sanchez :shrug:

He hasn't played a single U-21 or U-18 game this season. In fact, the only other reference I have seen to him was last July, when the Albion official site had an article about the U-18s pre-season tour - UNDER-18 PORTUGAL TOUR

Although it was removed very quickly, the article originally included a listing of the squad members:-

View attachment 65336

So, he was with the club last summer, but didn't make a single appearance during the season, and now has signed a professional contract. Who is he? What is his background and where has he been playing for the last 12 months?

Over to you, NSC.

Are you familiar with all the other Dev Squad players listed, as I am unfamiliar with some names there. What happened to Chike Kandi ?

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
The article also states that there's is also an advantage in that Simon Rusk has been coaching them, and so knows them well. Weird .............

Its obvious really when you have kids, you always look to get them on Rusks early doors

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Are you familiar with all the other Dev Squad players listed, as I am unfamiliar with some names there. What happened to Chike Kandi ?

As [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] says, I believe Chike picked up an injury. At any rate, when he signed it was through to June 2016, so he is still with us.

Which DS players are you unfamiliar with? I'm sure I can put together a few details for you (talking of which, I believe Insider on Ask The Club has recently said that they will look at making more details available on the development squad players - if they don't, then next season I'll look to post something on here).

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
My mate working at the club seems to rate him very highly, said he has potential to be far better than Walton and Stockdale.

Edit: Scratch that, pretty sure I'm thinking of a different keeper we have who's younger...

Last edited:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
My mate working at the club seems to rate him very highly, said he has potential to be far better than Walton and Stockdale.

Edit: Scratch that, pretty sure I'm thinking of a different keeper we have who's younger...

My gran is better than Stockdale! Butter fingers! :goal:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
As [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] says, I believe Chike picked up an injury. At any rate, when he signed it was through to June 2016, so he is still with us.

Which DS players are you unfamiliar with? I'm sure I can put together a few details for you (talking of which, I believe Insider on Ask The Club has recently said that they will look at making more details available on the development squad players - if they don't, then next season I'll look to post something on here).

Thanks, I assume some of the squad listed in the OP have left since July 2014? It would be good though to have a list of all the dev squad players and the positions they play.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Thanks, I assume some of the squad listed in the OP have left since July 2014? It would be good though to have a list of all the dev squad players and the positions they play.

The development squad players are listed on the page showing all Albion players' contract durations - Albion players' contract durations - 2014-15

The names listed in the opening post on this thread were actually the scholars for 2014-15 (and a handful of U-16 players):-

2nd-year scholars: Ben Barclay, Dylan Barnett, Will Collar, Josh Courtney, Jamie Horncastle, Des Hutchinson, Ragnar Mar Larusson, Connor Pring, Jack Rowe-Hurst, Connor Tighe

1st-year scholars: George Brown, Tom Cadman, George Cox, Jordan Maguire-Drew, Remi Meyers, James Tilley, Bailey Vose, Ben White

U-16s: Robert Sanchez, Max Sanders, Luis Garcia

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Over to you, NSC.

B******s to you then NSC, I'll do it myself.

December 26 2014
Robert, un portero cartagenero de casi dos metros, ficha por el Brighton, de la Segunda División inglesa

Translation:

Robert, a Cartagena goalkeeper almost two meters, signed for Brighton, England Second Division

A Cartagena kid named Robert Lynch Sanchez, who until now played goalkeeper in the youth National League East, just sign for Brighton English team that plays in the English second division and will play at the moment, with the U-18 team

Robert Lynch spends a few days at his home in Cartagena. Restores strength for what awaits you in Brighton, England's second team Division a month about this lanky goalkeeper joined Cartagena nearly two meters tall ago.

The boy, with his 1.97 tall, it feels like a child new shoes com. When we spoke to him their parents are present and can not hide how proud you are with this new venture undertaken Robert because the first was in Valencia, when he departed from the Regional Cadet Garden City to Raise National League. "I have not gotten to play in the Division of Honor because it has come this, but I am very proud of the time I've been in the Levant. Now I hope to continue doing well in England."

Robert has signed to play in the team's sub-18 youth "but I hope to be called once for sib-21" he laughs. Robert began at the Santa Ana, with Paco Sanchez and under the baton of Ray. There he was called Selection for Murcia and was when fichaba Murcia. He was then in child and cadet-three years in the Efesé- to move to City Garden, which was from where he started in Levante.

"I'm pleased with all the teams where I've gone, now I hope to improve a lot in England. I was there for one month and another month test but will be playing from January when I can start playing competitions," he says.

Also remember that already won a tournament organized by the Chelsea goalkeepers in Malaga. "Then I called the Chelsea, but he was already committed to the Lift." He has also twice won the famous' Soloporteros. "As a goalkeeper is defined as" a safe goalkeeper in the field. I'm pretty well ignored and one on one and I also feel pretty good playing with their feet ". Basically this is the 'pearl' that has taken the Brighton, thanks in part to the intervention of Sergio Barila, former footballer Cartagonova devoted years to these matters, one day I saw him play against Levante in Valencia She discovered it. His relationship with Cartagena made everything else easier.

From now on it will be a matter of being attentive to the career of this trunk 'two meters' of Cartagena root, so good looking has and that comes to Brighton with a suitcase full of illusion.

RobertSanchex.jpg

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
:bowdown:
Top research there. Looks like we raided Spain for a couple of players last summer then (Garcia as well). Any more we haven't been told about?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Oh! Now that photo has appeared, I realise I saw him training with other keepers at Lancing while that DS game v Wimbledon was on. Wondered who he was at the time. Somebody said then he was the U16 keeper and I remember thinking he was huge (as in very tall, not fat). I was amazed when they said he was only 15/16 age group.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
That article says he's 1.97m tall.

Six feet five & a half, at sixteen years old :ohmy:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here