Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heron in the Rookery ? Is this possible ?

D

Deleted User X18H

Last evening whilst returning from an event I attended for sundry purposes , I saw a large bird swoop down and land in the Rookery , whilst I walked adjacent in Preston Park.

Never seen the like before ! Any one else ?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
probably after some fish

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Last evening whilst returning from an event I attended for sundry purposes , I saw a large bird swoop down and land in the Rookery , whilst I walked adjacent in Preston Park.

Never seen the like before ! Any one else ?

Well, I saw my mate Robin with a Blackbird. They were going into a Heron garage to buy some Stork margarine. Apparently its good for Thrush. Robin supports the Seagulls but his brother did an about Tern and is now a Canary fan. I must say his girl has amazing Tits. As she is a Wren, I'm amazed she can fit into her uniform. They hurried in front of a car, as they came out and I accused them of Jay-walking. I asked them why they hadn't used the Pelican crossing and they replied that they were in a hurry to get home for something to eat. Robin has always been a Gannet and likes eating his meat on a Skua, barbeque style.
He was going on about Norwich's result at Ipwich and I said that it was nothing to Crow about. Ever since he was a boy and used to pinch the Eagle comic from me, we have had this friction between us. " You must be Raven mad if you think Norwich will survive in the PL " I said, to which he replied..." Far more chance than those useless Gulls "
" Buzzard off " I said and made a Swift exit. I had to Swallow my pride and go and Finch mowing my grass.

Well, I saw my mate Robin with a Blackbird. They were going into a Heron garage to buy some Stork margarine. Apparently its good for Thrush. Robin supports the Seagulls but his brother did an about Tern and is now a Canary fan. I must say his girl has amazing Tits. As she is a Wren, I'm amazed she can fit into her uniform. They hurried in front of a car, as they came out and I accused them of Jay-walking. I asked them why they hadn't used the Pelican crossing and they replied that they were in a hurry to get home for something to eat. Robin has always been a Gannet and likes eating his meat on a Skua, barbeque style.
He was going on about Norwich's result at Ipwich and I said that it was nothing to Crow about. Ever since he was a boy and used to pinch the Eagle comic from me, we have had this friction between us. " You must be Raven mad if you think Norwich will survive in the PL " I said, to which he replied..." Far more chance than those useless Gulls "
" Buzzard off " I said and made a Swift exit. I had to Swallow my pride and go and Finch mowing my grass.

Been on the Kestrel?:rolleyes:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
A Rookery is either a place where Rooks breed, or an area of slum dwelling. Has Preston Park really got that bad?

It certainly hasn't.

Although...I did see some little urchins from the flats next to the Rockery thieving some fish out of the pond the other day. Not exactly The Bronx in 1979 admittedly but still.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I've been on the hot-line to Jevs and he said that there is indeed a heron who visits on occasions. For more info, pop along to his tour at 7.00 pm this evening.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well if the residential area near to it is called Rookery Close etc . What do you think ?

It's Rookery always has been.

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's known by both names

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
The area, which includes Rookery Close, the old substation and the Rockery is called The Rookery. The Rockery is set within the Rookery.

We do indeed have a resident Heron. He seems to come and go but i've never seen it catch a fish, which is more than i can say for the resident Herring Gull

I took this photo over 2 years ago

Attachments

• heron.jpg
    heron.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 106

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here