Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The FINAL Verdict - Who will you vote for tomorrow ?

Who will you vote for tomorrow ?

• Conservative

Votes: 102 33.1%
  • Green

Votes: 41 13.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 85 27.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 23 7.5%
  • UKIP

Votes: 36 11.7%
  • Other - State

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I am not voting

Votes: 16 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
On the BBC manifesto guide i ended up firmly with the Greens, but i'll vote Labour. Local Labour MP is left-wing enough within the party to share similar views to mine, whilst not being endlessly under the influence of Miliband and his ilk.
The leaflet that came through the door the other day from the Tory candidate had him look like a right c*nt, so they need to have words with their image department.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On the BBC manifesto guide i ended up firmly with the Greens, but i'll vote Labour. Local Labour MP is left-wing enough within the party to share similar views to mine, whilst not being endlessly under the influence of Miliband and his ilk.
The leaflet that came through the door the other day from the Tory candidate had him look like a right c*nt, so they need to have words with their image department.

Never knew you lived in Witney.

Landgull

Oct 30, 2009
as I type the "Others Coalition" are leading our little poll. Now that would be interesting?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Really? Even if there are issues you find yourself disagreeing with when it comes to certain parties, you don't believe you should play a part in returning an MP?

Nope. Not interested in politics to the extent of voting; whoever is in power can't make a difference to the things that REALLY matter to me in life (a mother-in-law with a terminal disease, and a son with a condition that can't be diagnosed, for example); I'm willing to accept whatever comes my way, regardless of who is in power - I'm pretty laid back and easy going; and even if I did vote, my vote alone won't make the slightest bit of difference, given that no-one ever ties, or wins with a majority of one.

I appreciate this is a pretty extreme position to take – and one that some people will probably incandescent about, but hey ho... :thumbsup:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Nope. Not interested in politics to the extent of voting; whoever is in power can't make a difference to the things that REALLY matter to me in life (a mother-in-law with a terminal disease, and a son with a condition that can't be diagnosed, for example); I'm willing to accept whatever comes my way, regardless of who is in power - I'm pretty laid back and easy going; and even if I did vote, my vote alone won't make the slightest bit of difference, given that no-one ever ties, or wins with a majority of one.

I appreciate this is a pretty extreme position to take – and one that some people will probably incandescent about, but hey ho... :thumbsup:

If you feel that politics is just about what affects you personally then that's not extreme at all. If you feel that you're a member of society, you know, the sort of chap who waves out other motorists and doesn't drop litter, then it's a bit strange. But not extreme.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Tory (not that it matters, big nic will walk mid Sussex without my vote), but likely liberal council.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I will be voting for Peter Kyle but for HIM not for Labour. I've always said I'd go for the best constituency MP. Peter is the only candidate to visit me, he's held an event at my son's Scout Hut and more or less held a surgery on the doorstep. He's helped get a crossing outside our kids' school and worked with residents in Mile Oak all before he got elected.

I am a FORMER Labour voter so you might say 'you were always going to vote for him anyway'. It's a pretty hard charge to defend so I'll just say that I think Ed Milliband will be a terrible Prime Minister and there's no way that Labour CAN'T do a deal with the SNP. However, I would expect another election by the end of the year anyway.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I will be voting for Peter Kyle but for HIM not for Labour. I've always said I'd go for the best constituency MP. Peter is the only candidate to visit me, he's held an event at my son's Scout Hut and more or less held a surgery on the doorstep. He's helped get a crossing outside our kids' school and worked with residents in Mile Oak all before he got elected.

I am a FORMER Labour voter so you might say 'you were always going to vote for him anyway'. It's a pretty hard charge to defend so I'll just say that I think Ed Milliband will be a terrible Prime Minister and there's no way that Labour CAN'T do a deal with the SNP. However, I would expect another election by the end of the year anyway.

IMHO, a good way of voting and exactly the reasoning I'm using in the local election - person first, party second.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I will be voting UKIP. Control are borders. We need a trade agreement with Europe , not be ruled by Europe. By the way Europe is a nice place to visit.

Labour of course, the only real choice for a decent and fair society

Interesting - is this the first time this election cycle that Labour have led an NSC poll?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I have been changing my mind on an almost hourly basis who I am going to vote for and have found it really difficult at this election as I agree with some of the parties policies and wholeheartedly disagree with others of theirs.

So i have come to the conclusion that there isn't a party that represents me and I am spoiling my ballot paper for the first time ever.

If anyone else is voting for a party just because they are the best of a bad bunch, change your mind, spoil your ballot paper and send a clear message , in the tightest of the elections where every vote counts, that no one represents you.

That's the nature of party politics, as far as I can see.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I have no idea who is standing in my area or who my current councillor is... I will be voting Labour.

Blimey, given my Brother and Sister-in-Law are Labour Councillors and I have been much exposed to The People's Party as a consequence this could well be a serious post. :facepalm:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Being an ex-pat but still a UK taxpayer I've come to the conclusion no party gives a flying fig about us. I still vote, by proxy in the Stevenage constituency where I last lived, and have asked her to write on the paper 'none of the above'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here