Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Russell Brand Urges Us To Vote Labour

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Russel Brand is nothing to right wingers, until he says something, and you end up with a 30 page NSC thread about somebody who is nothing :-D

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Brand has certainly developed something of a messiah complex recently IMHO. Seems to take the meaning of 'followers' a bit too literally. Tho heigh-ho, anyone or anything that encourages people to engage on any level in politics who might well not have done otherwise is to be encouraged and can be a potential game-changer. Would the SNP have made (predicted) massive gains on Thursday without last year's referendum? Doubt it.

Sooner Russell Brand runs for Mayor of London the better. That would certainly liven up the electoral process. If congenital buffoons like Boris Johnson can hack it, how hard can it BE?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
No different than Cameron getting 100 of his chums to sign open-letters supporting his cause. I have said many times that if you can galvanise the youth vote you'll win an election. It's actually nice to see a leader trying to appeal to the kids.

(By kids I mean the 18-25 age range...not the junior schools where Cameron seems to concentrate his debates these days)

I am fine with brand saying what he wants, although he jumps around a bit. His perogative though. Good luck to him, he has done very well for himself. And yes, no different from leading industrialists supporting cameron, all sides are allowed an opinion

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Russel Brand is nothing to right wingers, until he says something, and you end up with a 30 page NSC thread about somebody who is nothing :-D

Good point.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Tories totally dismissed Russell Brand as a nut case and he is a little bit BUT he is a non voting but potential voting nut case. Ed Milliband saw the potential that even nut cases have a vote to cast so good for him for spotting a potential vote and winning it over and if he takes his followers to the polls to vote with him then the only fool I see is David Cameron who it would seem just wants to dismiss the marginal people within society. Well done Ed Miliband I say. Just goes to show who cares the most about people who don't really fit into regular society

This.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Inspirational stuff that is sure to shake up this election, and the bookies have responded immediately.

The Tories have shortened to 1/6 to get the most seats...

Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 13.58.07.png

...and Cameron's odds for the next PM continue to shorten, a process that began with Dave's inspirational piece on Question Time, that was followed by Ed getting destroyed by the audience. If the current trend continues, Cameron will be clear favourite again in a day or so, just at the right time.

Screen Shot 2015-05-04 at 13.58.54.png

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
May be too late as he has previously recommended not voting so his followers may not have registered in time. If they had, they are likely to have made up their own mind irrespective of what Brand now advises them to do!

absolutly this. makes me laugh really, if he wanted to make a difference he missed his opportunity.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
...and Cameron's odds for the next PM continue to shorten, a process that began with Dave's inspirational piece on Question Time, that was followed by Ed getting destroyed by the audience. If the current trend continues, Cameron will be clear favourite again in a day or so, just at the right time.

Happy with my decent sized bet on Cameron to be next PM @ 6/5.

Would no sooner bet on Weird Ed than vote for Cameron.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
When elections are close it always tends to come down to the swinging voters.

Those middle of the road voters tend not to be swayed by like people like Brand.

In sensational and important news Russell Brand has just released a video on his YouTube series the Trews in which he urges people in England to vote Labour, in a huge departure from his previous stance that voting is a waste of time.

He explains his change of heart because “the Conservative party plans to dismantle our community assets, to tear apart the very fabric of our society”.

He says his interview with Ed Miliband last week made him change his stance on the value of voting.

That's certainly made up my mind for me..........:wanker:

Why would anyone want listen to the advice of that odious,little thundercunt?

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Well this thursday evening as I stand in the Booth I for one will take Russell's advice into serious consideration as I don't vote Labour.

Ha ha four pages of people telling us his views are irrelevant - er OK:)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

In the same way the EDL are 'nothing' to you ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why would anyone want listen to the advice of that odious,little thundercunt?

I think you're being a little unfair here. As much as I dislike him I understand and appreciate that folk do indeed listen to Cameron.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here