Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blackpool game suspended - fans on the pitch

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
I think the football league have bottled this abit, now dont get me wrong here i have alot of sympathy for Blackpool and this terrible season they have had off the pitch but they have basically said its not worth replaying the match here you go FA you can decide what happens next
Does anyone know if the match had been ordered to be replayed/finished and Huddersfield had won if they could have finished higher up the table (surely they will feel a little hard done by this decision)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think the football league have bottled this abit, now dont get me wrong here i have alot of sympathy for Blackpool and this terrible season they have had off the pitch but they have basically said its not worth replaying the match here you go FA you can decide what happens next
Does anyone know if the match had been ordered to be replayed/finished and Huddersfield had won if they could have finished higher up the table (surely they will feel a little hard done by this decision)

They could have gone above Leeds by one point if they'd won. The link I posted said the result would be decided on May 14th.

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead

If they had won, Huddersfield would have finished one place higher, above their local rivals Leeds!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Is there anything at stake on the result ie Do championship clubs get a payment dependant on final league placing or exemption for the early round of the league cup. If the answer to both is no then the league should just fine Blackpool which in effect applies to the Oystons.

Bpool_fan_in_peace

Mar 21, 2015
Remember me coming on here a few weeks ago inviting all and sundry up for a weekender?

Well it was definitely job done!

Thanks for all the support off here. Clubs with class stand out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here