Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace's (lowly Category Two) academy broadens catchment area to Sussex

SDG

May 26, 2014
As our academy is better than theirs, I think we could poach players from them if we wanted but they're not allowed to take players from us.

Define better?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430553044.200011.jpg

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
They have nothing.......... Why would any great prospect want to join them ?
Only PL football 😟

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Why do we need an Academy in Sussex when you gave us a quality striker for free:thumbsup:

Err...in recent games....seriously? Not even a blinkered **** like you could back him based on recent performances....could you? If that's your benchmark of 'quality' I think we're better off signing Leon Best on a permanent contract.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Surely they have right to have an academy where they like, just like us. It's up to the kids and parents to decide. I know that we are picking up some very good players from the London area and beating teams like Chelsea on selection. Leave Palace alone they are only doing what we are trying to do.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Agree Murray is quality and in hindsight we should have not got rid of him, but he was not the reason we did not go up the year you did, we had no problems scoring goals that year to be honest. We could have done with him this year though.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
How can anyone say he's not quality and is the sole reason you didn't get promoted and we did, Only Brighton would give a player of Muzza's talent away on a free.

Did we really. Now there was me thinking he came to the end of his contract and he refused to sign another.
I suppose that has never happened to Crystal Palace, only Dikgacoi, Derry, Danns and Ertl spring to mind.

Last edited:

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I see it as healthy competition. At the moment we've had a massive area and failed to produce anything of note, maybe if the talent spotters, coaches and general set up pushed harder they would find and develop the right kids.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Charlton have been doing Summer soccer schools in Crowborough for years !
About time Brighton started sorting their academy staff and scouts out, sounds like a joke.

Did we really. Now there was me thinking he came to the end of his contract and he refused to sign another.
I suppose that has never happened to Crystal Palace, only Dikgacoi, Derry, Danns and Ertl spring to mind.

Well Ok now you put it like that, you clearly missed his potential and fooked up and didn't offer him what he was worth.
I guess all we can say is thanks Bha.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here