Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green Party 'activists' caught removing UKIP ads from Brighton Indy

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Yes and his cards seem to be blaming everything on immigration. People lap it up because they want someone to blame for the economy, the NHS, the housing crisis etc. So they vote for the man who appeals to their inner xenophobe whilst completly ignoring the fact that UKIP want to protect cooperations but cutting tax, they despise the NHS and want to it to be run like the US model and are against raising the minimum wage, want to cut maternity pay, cut statutory holiday pay and cut benefits. Hardly the policies and ideals of a party working for the common man. People like buzz words. And that's what you get with UKIP, along with a healthy dose of xenophobia, misinformation and fear mongering.

I was just going to call them idiots but you've summed it up quite nicely there.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Running scared of what exactly? ??? Farage and how he's hoodwinked people into thinking a party made up of ex Tories and funded by ex Tories, somehow represent the average joe?
You're obviously very anti Tory....so explain why a lot of defections are from the Labour party...thought I'd mention that as you didn't...the only thing your post showed is your hatred of the Tories and if anyone disagrees with you they are idiots...who are you to call other voters idiots,for all we know you might be the idiot for trying to boost the class war...I have yet to hear a Tory rich or otherwise call the working man scum...idiot.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Is the presumption they are Green Party activists purely because they happen to be ugly women or is their some other evidence i am missing

The article does mention one of them wearing a Green Party badge but yes, there does seem to have been a bit of an assumption. That said it wouldn't surprise me if they were, the Greens have shown on a number of occasions they're not too keen on democracy if it isn't in their favour.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
You're obviously very anti Tory....so explain why a lot of defections are from the Labour party...thought I'd mention that as you didn't...the only thing your post showed is your hatred of the Tories and if anyone disagrees with you they are idiots...who are you to call other voters idiots,for all we know you might be the idiot for trying to boost the class war...I have yet to hear a Tory rich or otherwise call the working man scum...idiot.

Notter Mill: £510 (Mon-Fri)
Crylla Cottages (1 Bedroom Valley View Cottage) £487.28

Of course UKIP may have members that are ex Labour but they are PREDOMINATELY made up of Ex-Tories and are 90% bank rolled by ex Tories. That isn't assumption that's fact. And my point, that you've clearly missed, is that voting for ex Tories isn't going to bring about the change that people think they're voting for. People are disenfranchised with politics in this country and Farage has come along turned on the charisma said some buzz words and people are hailing UKIP as some great alternative without looking any deeper than the surface.

As for the Tories they don't have to come out and say working class are scum. Their actions such as protecting the super rich cooperations and selling off bits of the NHS cheap to their chums whilst delivering cuts that harm the most vulnerable in society and ultimately widened the class gap even further say more than I ever could.

D

Deleted member 22389

Why on earth would anybody be running scared of UKIP in Brighton and Hove?

Well it would be nice if people got a chance to find out about them first, but since their leaflets have already been destroyed by another party this lot are obviously not keen on democracy.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Well it would be nice if people got a chance to find out about them first, but since their leaflets have already been destroyed by another party this lot are obviously not keen on democracy.

Whilst I respect your voting intention Bashlsdir, Brighton really is not UKIP territory, and I believe you would know that. What they did, whoever they were was wrong of course, but I seriously doubt that an advert in a local paper, that isnt widely read, would be making any dramatic impact on the voting pattern of local people. Its doubtful that UKIP will gain any of their target seats, let alone a City like Brighton.

D

Deleted member 22389

Whilst I respect your voting intention Bashlsdir, Brighton really is not UKIP territory, and I believe you would know that. What they did, whoever they were was wrong of course, but I seriously doubt that an advert in a local paper, that isnt widely read, would be making any dramatic impact on the voting pattern of local people. Its doubtful they will gain any of their target seats, let alone a City like Brighton.

Thank you.

CherryInHove

Apr 16, 2015
2) Despite the bluster of the right wing press and the marginal repositioning of the party, the Labour party are no longer truly left wing.

Unfortunately, they're not really left wing at all any more. They're certainly nothing like the Labour party that we used to have.

There is clearly a lot of hunger in the country for a proper left wing party, which is why the Greens and Lib Dems (previously) are doing well, and I wonder if Labour would perform better if they moved a bit further to the left.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Unfortunately, they're not really left wing at all any more. They're certainly nothing like the Labour party that we used to have.

There is clearly a lot of hunger in the country for a proper left wing party, which is why the Greens and Lib Dems (previously) are doing well, and I wonder if Labour would perform better if they moved a bit further to the left.

This is the Labour party's difficulty currently. They are still a bit to the right of where the majority of their support wants them to be but to the right wing press they are Trotskyists. It shows mainstream politics in this country up for the sham that it is.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I'm running scared of those Green Activists tearing up paper scary! And all that naked bike riding I'm cacking myself :shrug:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I've met a few Green party activists who were nasty and horrid. Any sign of contradiction in their argument, they scowled and quickly over talked your main points. I don't mind some of the Green Party's policies and I like Lucas. But a lot of their younger supporters have a false sense of superiority, one that often means everyone's wrong and they're right and if you don't agree, you're immoral.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I've met a few Green party activists who were nasty and horrid. Any sign of contradiction in their argument, they scowled and quickly over talked your main points. I don't mind some of the Green Party's policies and I like Lucas. But a lot of their younger supporters have a false sense of superiority, one that often means everyone's wrong and they're right and if you don't agree, you're immoral.

I think this is true of a lot of activists across most ideologies. Plus it also seems to be true of some of the die hard supporters when they are older.

Jan 30, 2008
Yes and his cards seem to be blaming everything on immigration. People lap it up because they want someone to blame for the economy, the NHS, the housing crisis etc. So they vote for the man who appeals to their inner xenophobe whilst completly ignoring the fact that UKIP want to protect cooperations but cutting tax, they despise the NHS and want to it to be run like the US model and are against raising the minimum wage, want to cut maternity pay, cut statutory holiday pay and cut benefits. Hardly the policies and ideals of a party working for the common man. People like buzz words. And that's what you get with UKIP, along with a healthy dose of xenophobia, misinformation and fear mongering.
absolute tosh , nothing wrong in saying enough is enough ,it's obvious there's too many people entering this country and putting a strain on services , are you honestly saying there isn't, this topic is right up there in this election ignore it at your peril:wink:
regards
DR

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here