Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Green Party 'activists' caught removing UKIP ads from Brighton Indy

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
absolute tosh , nothing wrong in saying enough is enough ,it's obvious there's too many people entering this country and putting a strain on services , are you honestly saying there isn't, this topic is right up there in this election ignore it at your peril:wink:
regards
DR

Here is a quote from an article that can be found here http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/kieran-turner-dave/the-top-10-ukip-arguments_b_4650602.html. Give it a read, totally ignore it, discredit it, do as you please.

"Immigrants make a net contribution to the UK. A recent study by University College London found that since 2000, European immigrants have paid 34% more in taxes than they claim back from the state; non-European immigrants paid 2% more. Over the same period, British people paid 11% less in tax than they claimed back. The study also found that immigrants are 45% less likely to receive state benefits or tax credits than people native to the UK, and 3% less likely to live in social housing. Only 0.15% of the NHS budget is lost to 'health tourism'.

Public satisfaction with the NHS was at an all time high in 2011, but increasing austerity measures and the handing over of NHS contracts to private providers has lead to increased waiting times, as public health providers are having to cut back on services. Ukip's manifesto pledges even more budget cuts. They plan to cut two million more public sector jobs (more than the entire NHS workforce) and to get rid of National Insurance, which raises over £100billion a year (more than the entire NHS budget). This is not even taking into account the massive loss to public spending that would result from their wish to introduce a flat 31% tax for people of all incomes over £11,500.

Immigrants are not a strain on the public sector, austerity is. Moreover, if Ukip truly believe that "Britain is full", should the party be urging its members to stop procreating? Same-sex relationships would surely be far more patriotic?"

I doubt this whill change your views on the matter but whether you choose to acknowledge it or not immigration is actually a benefit to this country. To paraphrase Owen Jones, what's worse; the bankers who plunged us into economic disaster, the expense milking politicians, the wealthy tax dodgers keeping £25 billion a year from the Exchequer, the poverty wage paying bosses and rip-off rent charging landlords; or Indian nurses and Polish fruitpickers? Guess which lot the likes of UKIP want to protect? I'll give you a hint it's not "Johnny foreigner".

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
And taking this back to The Greens - just discovered that the parking charges in London Road car park have increased by 5% overnight. No warnings in the car park at all over the last few weeks, web site still shows the old prices and Facebook and Twitter pages don't mention it. Nice - so the Greens sqeezing people yet again but too underhanded and immoral to actually warn people !!!!!!!!! Who will rid us of these idiots ??

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
This is almost as bad as that guy who was going around knocking on people's doors to promote the local tory candidate by misleading/lying* to people about the Greens's policies and plans. He was all over NSC bragging about it.

*It wasn't clear if it was deliberate lie, or if he was just completely ignorant about things. Either is possible.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I think this is true of a lot of activists across most ideologies. Plus it also seems to be true of some of the die hard supporters when they are older.

Oh most definitely. I use to be a member of the Conservative Future society at my university. Last year, it was full of socially liberals who now moved on. This year, you have young Thatcherites returning the slogan 'nasty party'. Full of back-stabbing and personal attacks on members who disagree with them. So I disagree with the older generation of supporters, I've not met many who were as aggressive and in-your-face as these first year Thatcherites.

It pretty much forced me out of the society, and now I'd be considered a floating voter.

Same can be said about the Labour Party's society. Fortunately, the good and decent members outnumber the vast majority. However, the vocal minority as always are the first when thoughts are sprung to mind.

I've not yet met a bad Liberal Democrat, perhaps that's why they're doing as poor as they are....

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
And taking this back to The Greens - just discovered that the parking charges in London Road car park have increased by 5% overnight. No warnings in the car park at all over the last few weeks, web site still shows the old prices and Facebook and Twitter pages don't mention it. Nice - so the Greens sqeezing people yet again but too underhanded and immoral to actually warn people !!!!!!!!! Who will rid us of these idiots ??

I suppose the 5% extra will not be as bad if you have 3 in the car...........
Greens 'open' to three-person marriage, says Natalie Bennett
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/gen...ree-person-marriage-says-Natalie-Bennett.html

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here