Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baseball Season 2015

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I'm currently at the Coors Field, waiting for the Rockies game to start. I'm loving the ground so far - amazing views from every angle, soooo many good and beer vendors. Unfortunately the ground is completely dead! On the plus side; there's a bar called "Tuaca Terrace" so I feel right at home!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I'm confused by the random music that happens every time someone hits or catches a ball! I'd love to know what each one means!

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Ooo this has made me even more excited about my trip! We are seeing the LA Angels. Not sure where we are sat though, I've let the boyfriend sort all of that out, but it's probably not a "club" seat. !

So? Don't forget to tell us how much fun you had? Even though the poor Rockies got smashed by the Angels on Tuesday and lost again last night.

May 14, 2015
Can someone please try to justify Warren going to the bullpen and CC Sabathia staying in the starting rotation. is there something i'm missing or is there some method behind Giradi and Rothschilds madness? someone in the British baseball community must surely have an answer because unfortunately, as hard as i try, i can not think of one.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
One of these days pHillies will win just one fecking game....what a horrible few years we have had

May 14, 2015
i thought you were going to win yesterday. to be fair there is not much shame in losing to the giants. i honestly think the Phillies will be back in the next few years, but for now you just have to get through the hard times. Luckily, us Yankees don't experience too many bad times, but when they come they do not feel great.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
i thought you were going to win yesterday. to be fair there is not much shame in losing to the giants. i honestly think the Phillies will be back in the next few years, but for now you just have to get through the hard times. Luckily, us Yankees don't experience too many bad times, but when they come they do not feel great.

True...but the Eagles are our only hope for glory these days...Union are a bit pants, Phillies an embarrassment and the Eagles made shrewd drafts and new players ....I am banking on a Super Bowl this coming season.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Pitchers duel currently going on in St Louis. As I write we are in the bottom of the twelfth and its 0-0 !

:facepalm: Why did I open my big mouth ? as mets take lead in 13th

Hang on - Kolton Wong sticks one in the bleachers in bottom half 1-1 :rave:

Last edited:

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Pitchers duel currently going on in St Louis. As I write we are in the bottom of the twelfth and its 0-0 !

I understand that the Cardinals lost 3 games to the Pirates just before MLB took a break for the annual all-star game. Cub fans were extremely happy to see the Cardinals losing but unfortunately did not gain as much as they would have liked since they lost 2 games to the cross town White Sox and lost 2 of 4 games to the league leading Cardinals. Now that the season has resumed the Pirates have lost 3 on the trot and the Cubs have won 2 of 3 games from Atlanta. How fast fortunes do change in baseball.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove

Mets win in 18, really chuffed a great result.

Although I do fancy the Cards to still be playing come October!!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Yes, I fell asleep during the 16th inning. Not happy news to wake up to.

As for the Cubs and the Pirates, there can be no doubt that the NL Central is the strongest league in baseball. I'm glad that our pursuers have not taken advantage of the Redbirds recent downturn and fully expect us to get going again soon.

While baseball has its detractors, amongst those who don't get it, its not the procession that the Premier League is in this country where one of the same three or four teams with the most money win every year.

In 2014 the 7th biggest spenders (Giants) beat the 19th (Royals) in the World Series
The 13th (Cardinals) and the 15th (Orioles) contested the LCS

http://deadspin.com/2014-payrolls-and-salaries-for-every-mlb-team-1551868969

Fifteen different teams have contested the World Series, and nine different teams have won it since 2000

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_Series_champions

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A gruesome 14-1 BEASTING for the Twins last night at the A's (most of which I watched on the Bet365 live stream, and wished I hadn't). Milone had a complete 'mare on his return to the Collosseum. The Twins are now 6 games back from the Royals, but still currently hanging on to a Wildcard. Its quite a novelty to actually be in contention for something other than the wooden spoon by the halfway point. Liking this.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Only just seen this thread but as a Red Sox supporter, I've had nothing to crow about this year. Earlier this week, I watched them beat the Tigers 11-1 and thought, we're on the way back only for them to get handed a new one by the White Sox this week.

It's a long season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here