Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rotherham vs Reading

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Evans showing his usual class...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32508609

Steve Evans: Rotherham boss tells Millwall to 'enjoy League One'
Rotherham United manager Steve Evans says his team's Championship survival was inspired by a Millwall player claiming the Millers lacked guts.

They beat Reading 2-1 on Tuesday to ensure their survival and relegate Millwall and Wigan instead.

"A Millwall player said we've not got bottle. I've got 12 bottles of pink finest Champagne and we'll be drinking them for about a week," said Evans.

"Look forward to League One, son, and keep your trap shut."

Millwall striker Lee Gregory had told the This Is Local London website he hoped Rotherham would lose against Reading and then "bottle it" in their final match at Leeds United.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was about to post the same article. Stay classy Steve.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Evans showing his usual class...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32508609

Steve Evans: Rotherham boss tells Millwall to 'enjoy League One'
Rotherham United manager Steve Evans says his team's Championship survival was inspired by a Millwall player claiming the Millers lacked guts.

They beat Reading 2-1 on Tuesday to ensure their survival and relegate Millwall and Wigan instead.

"A Millwall player said we've not got bottle. I've got 12 bottles of pink finest Champagne and we'll be drinking them for about a week," said Evans.

"Look forward to League One, son, and keep your trap shut."

Millwall striker Lee Gregory had told the This Is Local London website he hoped Rotherham would lose against Reading and then "bottle it" in their final match at Leeds United.

I don't like Steve Evans, but it was provocation by Lee Gregory. In fact, if I'd been the Rotherham manager, I would have used that as motivation for the players before the Reading game.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't like Steve Evans, but it was provocation by Lee Gregory. In fact, if I'd been the Rotherham manager, I would have used that as motivation for the players before the Reading game.

Exactly. I make Lee Gregory the bigger bell end. A player not good enough for Millwall all season, comes in and scores a hat trick in a 3-3 draw, then ruins it by mouthing off to the press about another team. What a complete nob.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria

It wasn't a clever thing to say by Gregory but he did only say that he hoped Rotherham would bottle it.

Doesn't deserve such a classless reaction but I guess we should have expected it from Evans.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Is Pink champagne something to brag about?

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I haven't read the Gregory article but there is a huge difference between saying you hope another team bottles it and they will bottle it/are bottle jobs.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"I've said before, they can take the points, what are they going to do now, we've got fans on the pitch, take more off us? When you've got the desire and fighting spirit inside you that every one of those players have, the staff, the directors, the supporters, then let's see what they are going to do to us tomorrow. But we are in the Championship for another year, whoever they are, they won't like it. They won't like it."

Christ on a stick. Want some curry sauce for that portion of chips on your shoulder Steve ?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
That's three decent away games gone, as in easy to get to. Watford, Bournemouth and now Millwall. All we need is Brentford to join them now.

Both Bournemouth and Watford are really terrible away days though. There isn't a decent pub within miles of either ground. Also Bournemouth is a pretty terrible train journey.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Both Bournemouth and Watford are really terrible away days though. There isn't a decent pub within miles of either ground. Also Bournemouth is a pretty terrible train journey.

Some decent pubs in Brockenhurst in the New Forest if you get off train on the train down though.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
I wasn't really bothered which of Rotherham or Millwall went down, but I would have liked us to sign Matt Derbyshire from Rotherham (haven't we tried to sign him from Nottingham Forest before?). Great finish up there against us for them, and caused us problems throughout the game. I think he'd have been the ideal hold-up type of striker. Far less likely to be available now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Would much rather the northern teams of Blackpool, Wigan and Rotherham go down. Millwall will bring more to the Amex and likewise we would take more to the Den than Rotherham.

Nope, I've very happy that Millwall are down. The vile obnoxious homophobic neanderthal knuckle-dragging scum that follow that club around the country like a toxic filth will not be polluting the Amex next season, and that can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned. Long may they fester and rot in the noddy leagues, I hope they fall even further and join Pompey very soon.

IMO, like.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea

Never had trouble finding pubs around Watford. Bournemouth maybe a long train trip but not if you start drinking on the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here