Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

promoted clubs possible released players

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
These are not the players we need/want. Complete opposite.

The spine of the side, has to be able to hack it in the top flight. Not players rejected. It is like looking in dustbins for leftover scraps. (I never thought we should have signed Grabban! (or Baldock for that matter!)

Ambitious youngsters from lower divisions or abroad are the order of the day. Possibly players who are not going to make the first team with the top 6 PL sides.

The only possible exception is of a club has overdosed on wingers or another peripheral position e.g. Middlesbro have

Emilio Nsue
Yanic Wildschut
Albert Adomah
Emmanuel Ledesma
Mustapha Carayol
Lee Tomlin

The ones in bold might be worth considering. I think we only need four at most wide men:

Solly March
Kazenga Lualua
Jeffrey Monakana

So we need another wide player and Boro have got a surplus*. Even if some of those are not out and out wingers.

*Arguable if they ditch Ledesma and Carayol signs a new contract?

I hope we set the bar higher than what Carayol has to offer!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Let's just wait and see who's left the day before the window closes shall we ? :wink:

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
These are not the players we need/want. Complete opposite.

The spine of the side, has to be able to hack it in the top flight. Not players rejected. It is like looking in dustbins for leftover scraps. (I never thought we should have signed Grabban! (or Baldock for that matter!)

Ambitious youngsters from lower divisions or abroad are the order of the day. Possibly players who are not going to make the first team with the top 6 PL sides.

The only possible exception is of a club has overdosed on wingers or another peripheral position e.g. Middlesbro have

Emilio Nsue
Yanic Wildschut
Albert Adomah
Emmanuel Ledesma
Mustapha Carayol
Lee Tomlin

The ones in bold might be worth considering. I think we only need four at most wide men:

Solly March
Kazenga Lualua
Jeffrey Monakana

So we need another wide player and Boro have got a surplus*. Even if some of those are not out and out wingers.

*Arguable if they ditch Ledesma and Carayol signs a new contract?

Other than Solly the other 2 aren't good enough - Kazenga blows hot and cold far too often, and Solly again is negligible as it still remains to be seen he can keep it up after his injury. I would ship either Kazenga or Monakana and get 2 more in that are of a higher quality (if that is even possible based on what we would spend etc)

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
The players these teams will release will not be in their starting 11s but ones who couldn't make the team.

I think we should steer clear of them, and sign proven first teamers.

Although the sentiment is sound, we cannot afford to do that for EVERY position. Those first teamers we'd like won't be motivated to play at Championship level, because it would mean them waving their Premier League career goodbye. But a competitive wage structure would attract the fringe players who would still have something to prove in foottball, especially when it comes to 'owning' a promotion / winning an honour in the game. And surely Hughton has enough experience to make a demotivated player regain his motivation to play. It's a team game, and we need the right people, team players, not individuals who look good on paper but don't gel.

Bobby Z has nothing to prove anymore, so I cannot ever see him in a Championship squad, plus time is not on his side. He'll want to bow out at the top level of the game.

What we need isn't a 'Bobby Z at 34', we need a 'Bobby Z at 19, rejected by Ian Holloway, and with a point to prove' attitude player.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Have to agree that this is a pointless thread. It's a wish list which will only disappoint. If Any of the players from the clubs promoted are released then they will be cherry picked by the clubs relegated from the PL or the clubs that have just missed out this year. The way forward is to have a system at this club and find the players best suited to it,

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Other than Solly the other 2 aren't good enough - Kazenga blows hot and co

Although the sentiment is sound, we cannot afford to do that for EVERY position. Those first teamers we'd like won't be motivated to play at Championship level, because it would mean them waving their Premier League career goodbye. But a competitive wage structure would attract the fringe players who would still have something to prove in foottball, especially when it comes to 'owning' a promotion / winning an honour in the game. And surely Hughton has enough experience to make a demotivated player regain his motivation to play. It's a team game, and we need the right people, team players, not individuals who look good on paper but don't gel.

Bobby Z has nothing to prove anymore, so I cannot ever see him in a Championship squad, plus time is not on his side. He'll want to bow out at the top level of the game.

What we need isn't a 'Bobby Z at 34', we need a 'Bobby Z at 19, rejected by Ian Holloway, and with a point to prove' attitude player.

My view is that a number who made the first team for both Watford and Bournemouth probably wont make the step up and they will bring in others I was just suggesting speculation and views on who people thought would fall into that category as most other football chat is nearly finished for a couple of months. Sorry if anybody thought it pointless.

Last edited:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Nope, he's still a Udinese player, Watford did sign him on loan with a view to making it permanent.

Odds on it will be an undisclosed fee even if we all won't be surprised that he'll only cost them £1 as a notional fee :lol:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Much cheaper to plunder the books of the relegated clubs, like we did last season!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here