Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give your fellow NSC users their end of term mark

What mark would you give your fellow NSC users for their term's (season's) work?

• A

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • B

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • C

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • D

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • E

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • F

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
[MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION]

A+

Maintaining his customary confrontational but always funny posting despite an absolute f**ker of a year personally.

It's one vote to cover all users. It's not a vote for individuals. !

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
C (I may have voted D though :() far too many kneejerkers- 2 wins we are promoted 2efeats sack the board and manager.

Also, too many people who have no life but 20k plus posts picking holes in any newer posters. As they know more than anyone else.

Genuine support and advice when needed though.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
there are some very very GOOD people on here..... and a few nutters as well.

Well said that man. You know, you lot are dead lucky. Living on t'other side of the planet, there is NOTHING like British humor (sic) and NSC has that in spades. I also appreciate the collective efforts to keep the far flung tribe members informed and clued up, finger on the pulse stuff...:bla:

There are several regular posters whose work I look forward to reading -- clever, funny or insightful -- and many others I may disagree with or find of minimal interest but hey, overall this site is an A for me. Any forum that produces Kaz Art and many other classics this year, too numerous to mention, is worth the price of admission. Even though, yes, the vote is always rigged against the noble Honey Badger. So OK, make that an A-.

What I appreciate most though is the outpouring of support and camaraderie when things get tough for one of our own or when someone needs some advice or help. That's a brilliant support system. A's for Mowgli, HKFC, and Edna, respect to Jem as noted, regards to PPFairy who probably doesn't mean to raise chuckles most of the time but he's one of ours too, BG, love ya for the same reason.

Harveys, Shirt, Lush and your Lordship, more posts please, the clique needs you! :bigwave:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
E

people need to lighten up, far too many myself included have been affected by the poor football and behind the scenes speculation this year.

We were a fun club, now like modern society we want instant success and that affects peoples moods.....

I don't recall too many really funny threads this year.

Star of the year is Mustafa for his outstanding defense of all things Muslim...........

Oh Oh I have done it now......

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Ah; to be anonymous.

I'd give an A to certain posters, scribes of the kind of prose I dig. Some dare I suggest?!? wouldn't make an F... They'd be in the 'special' class on a day trip to stand in the waves on some distant shore, whilst fighting the voices in their heads. Time to go boys... time to go home.... The 'dream team' transit awaits... I'm driving.

Kosh you're not driving, remember you had your licence taken off you, you can't drive, you can't even put your own trousers on... settle down, settle down... But I'm a professor of linguistics at Harvard... Kosh - sigh - you're just another person trying desperately hard to impress, alas you're simply waylaid by mediocrity... you're the bloke down the street who collects stamps, you're nothing, nothing but another poor gormless bugger. I could've... No Kosh, you really couldn't.

Settle down old timer, dream those dreams... chargers of purest white, amid a see of swords and a king atop a throne, clutching his tome of 'dullard' rhetoric beneath his bony hands... Yes, yes that's right I'm a king... Yes Kosh you're the king alright... the king of.... what did you say... heretic! I said it's time to drive... Rock and or roll Kosh? ROCK ROCK ROCK! OK, OK... okay! don't wet yerself... again.

Kosh, Kosh... don't cry, I was only kidding.... I weep for you and the rest of humanity!... and so on....

Excerpts from 'my day out' by Kosh.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ah; to be anonymous.

I'd give an A to certain posters, scribes of the kind of prose I dig. Some dare I suggest?!? wouldn't make an F... They'd be in the 'special' class on a day trip to stand in the waves on some distant shore, whilst fighting the voices in their heads. Time to go boys... time to go home.... The 'dream team' transit awaits... I'm driving.

Kosh you're not driving, remember you had your licence taken off you, you can't drive, you can't even put your own trousers on... settle down, settle down... But I'm a professor of linguistics at Harvard... Kosh - sigh - you're just another person trying desperately hard to impress, alas you're simply waylaid by mediocrity... you're the bloke down the street who collects stamps, you're nothing, nothing but another poor gormless bugger. I could've... No Kosh, you really couldn't.

Settle down old timer, dream those dreams... chargers of purest white, amid a see of swords and a king atop a throne, clutching his tome of 'dullard' rhetoric beneath his bony hands... Yes, yes that's right I'm a king... Yes Kosh you're the king alright... the king of.... what did you say... heretic! I said it's time to drive... Rock and or roll Kosh? ROCK ROCK ROCK! OK, OK... okay! don't wet yerself... again.

Kosh, Kosh... don't cry, I was only kidding.... I weep for you and the rest of humanity!... and so on....

Are you ok?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
E

people need to lighten up, far too many myself included have been affected by the poor football and behind the scenes speculation this year.

We were a fun club, now like modern society we want instant success and that affects peoples moods.....

I don't recall too many really funny threads this year.

Star of the year is Mustafa for his outstanding defense of all things Muslim...........

Oh Oh I have done it now......

Sounds like you need to lighten up a bit.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
D

Too few binfests, too few flounces and yet bizarrely too few people that know what a joke is. All in all NSC, much like the football club it focuses upon has lost much of the magic & entertainment value that made me a fan in the first place and I often wonder why I bother to hang around anymore. :shrug:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Ah; to be anonymous.

On the sauce?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
B-

It's never your average board. Full of characters. Makes me laugh. Makes me think. Makes me cry. Makes me worry.

Next season we probably need to focus less on the kneejerk threads e.g 'manager out' 'barber out' 'our latest signing out' (unless it is Leon Best, my only exception.)

Thanks to [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] and co for keeping it all going. It can be a genuine place of relaxation when I have the time to come in.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Infuriating, insulting, outrageous, funny, educational(sometimes), ott. , informative
Love it and it would be sorely missed by me if it no longer existed.
Well done to Bozza and have a great summer all you fellow posters.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Memories of Brighton and fans were generally fun through good times and bad. There's a few fun peeps on NSC. However there's a few miserable g.ts and it deflates me to think we support the same club. In 46 years I've never wanted Albion to fail but at the moment ……. well let's have a break. It should be a healthy B plus, but it's a modest C for me.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
B

It's a decent board, funny and always loads of stuff to read. The political/economic related threads can get a bit out of hand.

TBH I like it because it's an easy way to kill time when bored at work. Saying that though it's reassuring that most posters seem pretty cool and not out to act like complete ****s..... There are a few that aren't, but then life's a bit like that :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here