Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-260415-l229-2425652_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 27th April 2015
by James Hilsum
It is my responsibility to make sure that we go into next season fighting in a different part of the table."
Chris Hughton

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton is determined to ensure that his side are challenging at the top end of the Championship next season, following a 2-0 defeat to Watford on Saturday.
He said, “Throughout the season we have had some good performances coupled with some not so good performances, but we have managed to keep clean sheets in those games.“But the fact that we have not been able to score goals always puts pressure on the team. I look at the type of goal that Watford scored, which is a poor goal from our point of view, but also one that we have found very difficult to score ourselves.
“It is not a lack of conviction or a lack of desire to want to get in there. If you have someone who has scored a few goals and is confident then things can be different, but we have got players who lack confidence in front of goal.
“It is my responsibility to change that. It is my responsibility to make sure that we go into next season fighting in a different part of the table. It is my responsibility to do the work, make the changes and to bring in the personnel that are able to change that.
“In Dale [Stephens] and Beram [Kayal], you have got two very good all-round players and neither of them played a lot of football in the first part of the season.
“It will be an important summer for both of them but I think they are two very good players for us.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Watford manager Slavisa Jokanovic admitted he was caught off guard following Brighton’s change of formation, but was thrilled to secure three points which have since secured his side's promotion to the Premier League.He told the Watford Observer, “Brighton play some good football and when I observed them before, they hadn’t played three at the back. They changed their structure and we had prepared for something different.
“I can’t control what the opposite coach will do though. I must observe and have an imagination. We had to switch our strategy to change our situation.
“Afterwards we decided to change our system and then had more control in the game."
Given that he was speaking before Watford's promotion was assured, he added, “In front of us is the final, that is it. I don’t believe we have time to celebrate because we haven’t achieved anything yet.
“The real game is in front of us but I am ready for one or three games [in the play-offs].”
“We haven’t done anything at the moment. We must finish and in seven days we can then speak about what I will and won’t do if we are promoted.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here