Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This summers free transfer list...

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
We're all expecting the clubs purse strings to be tightly held this summer, so all expecting some players to come in on free transfer.

Looking at those listed on the below link, there appears to be a few who could come be realistic targets that could come in and improve the squad:

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik?spielerposition_id=alle

Players like Alex Pearce from Reading, Javier Garrido from Norwich and Ross Wallace from Burnley could all be worthy additions to help build a competitive Championship squad.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
We're all expecting the clubs purse strings to be tightly held this summer, so all expecting some players to come in on free transfer.

im not, i expect a sensible amount to be available to bring in targets. the more frees and bargins the better, but for two or three positions (especailly striker) the club must now recognise they need to be spending. and while i dont follow it closely enough, i gather we're freeing up some of the higher wages so can afford to pay some.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot see us paying a large fee for any players as it goes against what PB has been pushing through for since his arrival, especially after spending big on CMS and Baldock for little return.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
im not, i expect a sensible amount to be available to bring in targets. the more frees and bargins the better, but for two or three positions (especailly striker) the club must now recognise they need to be spending. and while i dont follow it closely enough, i gather we're freeing up some of the higher wages so can afford to pay some.

Club needs to adopt a sensible transfer strategy that utilises the money available to be the best of its ability. 3 or 4 of the positions could be covered by frees (also expect a couple of season long loans from Prem clubs to again happen next year) but any transfer money being spent needs to go towards those players that will make the difference, getting a 20 goal a season striker on a free would be extremely difficult.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's a ball playing midfielder who has Premier league experience with Swansea.
Plus a former third division top scorer and Scotchland international, both available.

#getthebandbacktogether

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I wonder if Dimitar Berbatov would fancy a spell on the south coast. He's there if you opt for Centre Forwards. And Brighton is a bit like Monaco?????

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Jermaine Pennant from Wigan? Out of contract, their 2nd top scorer with 3 goals from 7 appearances.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Club needs to adopt a sensible transfer strategy that utilises the money available to be the best of its ability. 3 or 4 of the positions could be covered by frees (also expect a couple of season long loans from Prem clubs to again happen next year) but any transfer money being spent needs to go towards those players that will make the difference, getting a 20 goal a season striker on a free would be extremely difficult.

Yea, most clubs aren't dumb enough to let a Glen Murray go for nothing

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just looking at that list - yes please, we'll have Dani Alves and Glen Johnson to sort out the left back position, and James Milner and Danny Ings too, please. Trouble is, there's nothing 'free' at all about that list really, is there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here