Bobby Zamora, would you want him back?

Bobby Zamora

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
agents dear boy

Depends on whether or not any other club want to give him a deal and what BZ wants to do, doesn't it. He's unemployed in about 5 weeks, and an agent can't force a club to pay 30k a week if there's no competition for his signature. If BZ wants to play one last season, either with us or someone else, the best offer he might get is 15k a week - take it or retire.

I'd love to see him here for the right money. He still looked quality when I watched QPR on the telly a few months back.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think he will be most interested in the future so a striker/coaching role may appeal to him. If not or he wants mega bucks lets look abroad possibly Africa or Eastern Europe where the players wage demans wont be so high as other European countries and the UK.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Madness if we get him back. We all know old players aren't any good. Look at how ineffective Nicky Forster was. We didn't gain anything from his experience.

Stumpy Tim

I would LOVE it if Bobby came back, and I think this summer is the last opportunity. He may not start every game to protect him against injuries, but he would still be one of our best players. The thought of Bobby back in the stripes has made me come over a little queer

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
As has been said before, we need young, fresh, keen developing players prepared to prove themselves and playing as part of a TEAM. Add a few bits of experience here and there.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
No; he wouldn't live up to the expectation because these days he's a shadow of the player he was. He can still do a job, but not consistently to a high level. I wouldn't want to tarnish the memories of Bobby in a Brighton shirt.

Some Albion fans having been saying these exact same words for the past 3 years during which time he's single- handedly won a promotion play-off final and played in 40-odd Prem matches.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Madness if we get him back. We all know old players aren't any good. Look at how ineffective Nicky Forster was. We didn't gain anything from his experience.

Would he fit the role of striker coach it must be better for him than manager of Staines he was a similar type player to Baldock in many respects.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Phillips, Sherringham and even Dalgleish. I'd say, worth a try but only if the money is right. I suspect the money will be a bit too high and he might not be available or might want to go to fishing etc so its a bit speculative.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Yes please. He is so much better than anything we have, even at his grand old (for a footballer) age. Forget all this 'tarnish the memory' b0ll0x.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sadly, like it or not (and I hate it!) but Terry Henry and BZ (who I think was an awesome player for us) are worlds apart
Arsenal and Brighton are galaxies apart.

If his wages are high, no we wouldn't want him, but there's no guarantee he'd be on high wages (next season). Is another club going to step in and offer him high wages?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Arsenal and Brighton are galaxies apart.

If his wages are high, no we wouldn't want him, but there's no guarantee he'd be on high wages (next season). Is another club going to step in and offer him high wages?
He will cost slightly more than our current top wage. Would you want him?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

This.

That grandad Lloyd Owusu was a total waste of wages, What did he ever do

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Would he though ? 34 years old not in a position to demand too high wages.
You'd be surprised!! He will be on more wages than anyone who's gone before him at the club. Personally I would rather see the wages spent on someone like Chris Wood.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here