Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ch-160315-l229-2338774_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:00 25th April 2015
by James Hilsum
It’s an opportunity to thank the supporters and try to put in a performance against the top team at the moment."
Chris Hughton

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton has urged his players to turn on the style against promotion-chasing Watford today and reward the supporters for their tremendous backing throughout the season.
Albion have all but mathematically secured their Championship status for another season following Millwall’s 2-0 defeat to Blackburn on Tuesday, and Hughton wants his players to rise to the occasion in front of the Sky TV cameras.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “The support has been fantastic and when you consider it’s been a difficult season on the pitch, they’ve still turned up in their thousands.
“Our average attendances for this division have been very high, so it’s an opportunity to thank the supporters and try to put in a performance against the top team at the moment.
“I want them to show the desire that they have to win a football match and not lose a football match.
“We’re on the back of arguably the most disappointing result [v Wigan] since I’ve been here so you always want to bounce back from that. I’m sure that the players will be spirited enough to want to do that.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Albion boss is also eager for his side to continue their improved form against the top sides at the Amex and end the season on a positive note.
“Against the better teams at home we have been decent. For 70 minutes against Bournemouth we were very good and apart from a 20 minute spell against Norwich, we were very good - what we have done is show quality in those games.“There is some relief with the result during the week [Blackburn beating Millwall] but we’ll still say that mathematically we’re not safe.
“It has changed things slightly but we have two great games to play in and I just want us to go out on Saturday and put in a good enough performance to give us a chance [to win].
"The reason why it’s a television game is because the powers that be expected Watford to be right up at the top and they were right on this occasion.
“If Watford win their remaining two games then they’re promoted. Equally, it’s got to be as exciting for us as it is for them.”

[h=3]ALBION V WATFORD*******
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.15PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here