Pathetic refereeing ----------- again.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
multiple fouls in first half
which might have prevented his one for the team assault in second

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
I have big issues with the so called assistant referees. They just seem to wait and wave the flag after the ref has made a decision.
Most of them don't have the bottle to make a decision for themselves.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What about the elbow on Dunk?

It was dangerous play from Guedioura who went in for the challenge with both the knee and elbow raised and borderline red but when the ref went over to the lino there was also communication through the earpiece from the 4th assistant who obviously didn't think it was a straight red.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I have big issues with the so called assistant referees. They just seem to wait and wave the flag after the ref has made a decision.
Most of them don't have the bottle to make a decision for themselves.

Think you will probably find that they are instructed by the referee not to give a decision, even for a throw, until they have checked with him. The ref will normally give a signal one way or another before the flag is raised for the benefit of the crowd.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Aside from the fact it is hard enough to support a team that can't score we have to endure officials that are worse than inept. Since wheels are you aloud to jump, lead with your elbow, not even look at the ball and still remain on.the pitch! That plus Deeney twice body checking players , the second of which should have warranted a booking which would have either seen him sent off for the tackle on Bennett or not make the tackle at all. Thank God that season is over for me.

Good job he was a lenient ref else Stephens could have been sent off in the first half for a mistimed follow through attempt at a tackle.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I don't think there were any particularly controversial decisions. Deeney yellow was correct decision. The challenge on CMS was never a penalty. We could have possibly had a penalty in the first half for a shove on Bennett but it would have been harsh.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
constant tirades against the officials does get tiresome
if only players and mangers would play the game in a better spirit
lack of use of video technology does not help
surprised refs do not demand it

Dec 29, 2011
And yet he booked him for a nothing foul in the second half ..the red was a nob and the assistant running the east line needs a white stick

He booked him for multiple fouls throughout the first half. He could have had a yellow for his second foul but was lucky to escape until the second half.

The Dunk incident wasn't a red for me. Remember the Ulloa red card last season (high foot)? We all said it was never a red and he was trying to pull out. I think the same thing applies here, it's not a red card offense, there is no malice in the challenge and I think a yellow is a fair decision.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Even if we had won the game 4 nil this ref would still get a 3/10 rating.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That was a fair yellow - an accumulation to numerous offences.

Nothing wrong with the ref.

Agree that Stephens was for accumulation but why had he not booked Deeney for the same reason earlier?

Do you really think there was nothing wrong with the ref. If so, I think your expectations for referees are considerably lower than mine, and probably most others.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
P
constant tirades against the officials does get tiresome
if only players and mangers would play the game in a better spirit
lack of use of video technology does not help
surprised refs do not demand it

Using there eyesight would be a step up

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
We were the better side in the first half for about 30 minutes then reverted to character.
Watford were shite too, but just finished better than we did.
Referee and the lino on the East side should never f***ing work in football ever again, utter disgrace to the FA and to the game.
Watford wont stay up.

For me personally Bloom should have started enquiring about players for next season 6 months ago, god forbid if he does his
usual bargain bucket rifle two weeks before the season starts like he has every season we have been there.

Hughton needs more time, he is a good manager but needs decent players to do it with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here