Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Cameron is a bad fan.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
He lied, again. Can't help himself.
Seriously, both Cameron and Farage have been miles off the pace in this election so far.
Farage seems very angry and het up and Cameron seems to be in a daze like he doesn't care so I am not surprised he lost concentration and forgot which team he supports.
Something is going on, maybe its because yet again he will not be PM of a conservative government or out altogether.

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
But that's okay because England's "a shining example of a country where multiple identities work". Just turns out one of his identities is a Villa fan and the other is Hammers.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Nonsense. I believe he goes to Villa home and away most weekends and has a tattoo of Bobby Moore lifting the European Cup.

Corrected for you.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I'm pleased we escaped relegation yesterday but our fans dressing up as Bob Marley.....

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He lied, again. Can't help himself.
Seriously, both Cameron and Farage have been miles off the pace in this election so far.
Farage seems very angry and het up and Cameron seems to be in a daze like he doesn't care so I am not surprised he lost concentration and forgot which team he supports.
Something is going on, maybe its because yet again he will not be PM of a conservative government or out altogether.

Farage has always been Palace through and through to be fair.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Ask yourself, if someone wrote a speech for you, you'd actually read it out loud before realising that you don't support Crystal Palace. It's totally impossible any real fan could suffer 'brain fade' with regard their soccer allegiances..... unless he actually doesn't like football at all, and just wants to appear to be one of the boys.

He clearly suffers from the same thing as Ron Burgundy and will say whatever is on the tele-prompter/paper.

Go **** yourself San Diego.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
From the horse's mouth:

Mr. David Cameron (Witney): It is a pleasure to follow the hon. Member for Leigh (Andy Burnham), who knows a lot about his subject. Not only is he a football fan, he is quite an accomplished cricket player, as I discovered during a game this summer.

Many of those who have spoken in the debate or have written about the subject are either lawyers or football fans, but I have to confess that I am neither

15 Oct 2001

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200102/cmhansrd/vo011015/debtext/11015-30.htm

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I hadn't seen this story before watching MOTD last night and thought that was most odd what GL said. Understand now.

Same here.

What I don't get about this story is why CMD has to pretend to be a football fan? It didn't use to happen: Ted Heath and Maggie Thatcher made no secret of their distaste for football (it was before my time but I don't think Macmillan or Douglas Home were exactly denizens of the terraces either). Suddenly, every politician, particularly Tory ones, have to simulate interest in something that bores them solid.

Is it because of Italia 90 when suddenly everyone was a supporter? Is it because Major showed you could be a Tory and a football fan? Is it because Blair and Brown, who were genuine football fans, showed that you could follow a team and still be PM? It's notable that Ed Miliband is honest enough to say that he doesn't follow football (but used to be a Leeds supporter): I'm not sure his love of baseball is a vote winner - although he does support the right team

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Same here.

What I don't get about this story is why CMD has to pretend to be a football fan? It didn't use to happen: Ted Heath and Maggie Thatcher made no secret of their distaste for football (it was before my time but I don't think Macmillan or Douglas Home were exactly denizens of the terraces either). Suddenly, every politician, particularly Tory ones, have to simulate interest in something that bores them solid.

Is it because of Italia 90 when suddenly everyone was a supporter? Is it because Major showed you could be a Tory and a football fan? Is it because Blair and Brown, who were genuine football fans, showed that you could follow a team and still be PM? It's notable that Ed Miliband is honest enough to say that he doesn't follow football (but used to be a Leeds supporter): I'm not sure his love of baseball is a vote winner - although he does support the right team

Would that be the Blair who claimed to have 'stood in the Gallogate end watching wor Jackie'...........who stopped playing before he ever went.......

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Would that be the Blair who claimed to have 'stood in the Gallogate end watching wor Jackie'...........who stopped playing before he ever went.......

No. That was a mistake on the part of the interviewer/publication. The original interview tape was unearthed years later and there were two separate questions, relating to when Blair watched Newcastle and then his view on the greatest player in the club's history.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
No. That was a mistake on the part of the interviewer/publication. The original interview tape was unearthed years later and there were two separate questions, relating to when Blair watched Newcastle and then his view on the greatest player in the club's history.

Indeed. As reported here

There were many stories from within the Blair government about how everything would stop for a big game and that it was Blair and Brown's interest in common. Whatever else you can say about the pair of them, their love of football is not in question. Mind you, Harold Wilson was even more obsessed, he was apparently a bit of a football statto

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
There's a picture of Kevin keegan kissing Margaret Thatcher on the steps of number 10 just before Europe 80 in Italy. When Mrs t didn't think football was the scum of the earth

That in itself is enough reason for curly kev to be attacked with a baseball bat in a layby

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Famously, Thatcher even attended the FA Cup Final in 1978, before she turned against the national game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here