Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Time's up. Too slow on the turn and refuses to head it. Would rather he went before fans really turn on him, as was a good player for us in earlier seasons.

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Sums up this season: the club captain during the best period in my time as a Brighton supporter, dropped in the shit by a pathetic, weak header from a disinterested journeyman loan player.

But unfortunately I have to agree that he's way past his best now.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He hasn't looked his composed self for some time, which is a shame as i do like him as a player.

Him and Bruno have been dire so far today.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Greer did start the season playing some of his best football.
The moment he got his Scotland cap his form went to hell in a haggis, and there it stayed.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Very underrated player for the Albion over the past 5 years, but agree his time should be up here.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Him and Bruno are both past it. Why did we offer them new deals?

Hopefully it's to be the experienced heads whilst new, younger players come through / bed in. Fingers crossed a new right back will arrive in coming months and Greer will become the third choice centre back next season.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
For me Kayal should be club captain next year constantly talking to players and the bench and driving the team on Greer only shouts at the team when he has given the ball away and is looking for someone else to blame. Desperately need a strong centre half to push dunk and Greer for a start

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
He's basically a Division One player who had a couple of half decent seasons in the Championship.

Harsh. He has been a great leader and captain to tight defences for years. Sadly that time has passed and it is time for him to either move on or be a back up centre back for us. Kayal simply has to be captain.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Oi! it's worked hard on his shiteness the season so he can breeze into the Scotland squad, go easy on him he's an ambitious guy.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think most of are praying there might be a L1 club who show an interest in signing Greer and put in a cheeky £150k bid.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
4th choice centre back next season AT BEST if we want to finish in the top half.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I say see how he starts off next season before binning him off. He did start this season off well, despite being exposed by Sami's style.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
For me Kayal should be club captain next year constantly talking to players and the bench and driving the team on Greer only shouts at the team when he has given the ball away and is looking for someone else to blame. Desperately need a strong centre half to push dunk and Greer for a start

As an outside I would say this is right, Kayal seems to have te motivation you need to build a new team spirit. GG looks like he should go to the knacker's yard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here