Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****The Official (were loose) Match Thread, Brighton vs Watford***

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Because throughout Sami's reign we were second only to Dortmund in some dubious stat about misrepresented league position.
Had we been tonked and outclassed a couple of time, the whole season could have been shaken up in December, instead of limping on for the entire season.

Yeah that would have happened

Chucky_78

Banned
Jan 30, 2012
Why's that? The gates have been very good. OK there's a few humourless sheep on NSC
Published gates have been good. Empty stadium at full time is pretty shit though for last game of the season. Still, everyone will be home in time for the premier kick offs.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Clinical in front of goal was the difference (and a pile of sand). Other than that I thought we pretty much matched them. First half was better than second. Similar to the Bournemouth game - other teams can score, we can't.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We had a go, but ultimately no cutting edge. An in-form striker would have saved the game for the Albion with either of those decent chances.

Time for the axe to be wielded.

To be fair O'Grady brought out a great save in the first half, and was unlucky with a smart header in the second. Both of them were worthy of scoring so I have no complaints about his performance. If he stays and we play to his strengths I am sure he would be good for us next season.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Missed chances and a total inability to get crosses beyond the first defender. Time for a major clearout from front to back.
The defence has been not too bad. Just below half way on the goal difference table and about as close to the bottom play off team to the top relegation team. Closer to Watford than to Blackpool.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Clinical in front of goal was the difference (and a pile of sand). Other than that I thought we pretty much matched them. First half was better than second. Similar to the Bournemouth game - other teams can score, we can't.
Exactly. More possession, more shots (and only one less on target than Watford had) and more corners ...... but we still lost. We competed OK, but just never score!

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Last 4 home games
0-1
0-2
0-0
0-2
No goals in last 4 homes games, awful team to watch, so slow no tempo in attack, no leaders, no passion
Awful game to watch again

We reaped what we sowed last summer.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It's the constant negative play that drives me mad. In so many instances a player gets the ball and immediately turns back to play the ball backwards. I appreciate there are times this makes sense but today, twice, when we were pushing forward and won a throw in Bennett grabbed the ball and without even looking at our players still in advanced positions, turned and threw it back in and back over the halfway line. Appalling tactics, appalling awareness and appalling confidence. Season's over at home, I really home they do something for the next game here to make people want to keep coming

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
On a positive note Walsall will see £150k as there was a promotion to the PL clause in the contract when they sold Deeney to Watford.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here