Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****The Official (were loose) Match Thread, Brighton vs Watford***

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
To the person in WSU who thought it a good idea to throw a full water bottle over the edge when they scored, it hit someone, and it hurt, try to be less of a plum in future.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Having to miss the game through work today, am I the lucky one??

Not really. Playing pretty well and not much in it. The difference is, yet again, Watford get a chance and they score - we get a chance and we fanny about. CoG holding the ball up well, Carayol good in patches, Kayal very good, JFC doing alright, defence decent but prone to stupid errors, again.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It appears that the difference between the 2 teams is that Watford have strikers and we have some players that sometimes get in or near the area.

this is true
but how the hell are we losing this match
Deeney dirty cheating sod :tosser:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
We've not looked too bad so far, just absolutely no penetration...it's worrying the times we've had the ball in wide areas but there's been no-one in the box. Shame as on the balance of it we should be going in level.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
It's amazing how little flack Bennett has had this season. Easily the worst LB we have had since Kerry Mayo. Can't defend, pulls out of every 50/50 challenge, too weak physically, can't cross with accuracy, always stops and passes sideways instead of hitting the byline when pushing forward. A new permanent LB is second priority for me after a striker

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
It's amazing how little flack Bennett has had this season. Easily the worst LB we have had since Kerry Mayo. Can't defend, pulls out of every 50/50 challenge, too weak physically, can't cross with accuracy, always stops and passes sideways instead of hitting the byline when pushing forward. A new permanent LB is second priority for me after a striker

Priority for me, purely because a lot of goals have come down Bennett's side (Norwich at home for starters). Need a solid back four.

good, but the same old shit, e.g. bad defending, good play until we get in the box etc.

Ah, commentators said its the quickest passing we've done all season. That's a positive at least. He did mention lack of threat in the box. Thanks anyway.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex

I agree with getting a permanent left back, and since we have Calde and Bruno we could get a right back on loan instead of signing one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here