Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post-match party in the East concourse again tomorrow

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This is a thread about the peripherals around the main event (i.e. the game), neither of which particularly have anything to do with each other. If you don't care about the 'other stuff', why are you bothering to post on this thread?

I replied to someone that had posted on here and it went from there, if that helps.
This thread is also advising us of something that's already happened now, so does it matter to you what I post?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I ended the day feeling pretty happy. Hughton experimented with 3 at the back which worked for me other than an individual error, although massively frustrating we are in the final 3rd.

Gave the players a clap, then sat on the bank with mates outside the East with the sun shining and a warm glow about how nice the club is. The disco was great, and walking round to my bike, despite an awful season, there was a great mood and atmosphere about the place, felt like a real sense of community, and not the cold reality of the shutters going down like a lot of clubs.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I had to cut down Saturday to only six pints:eek:
Her indoors had a massive moan up Friday :wink:

I didn't have time for a drink before the match, I did the decent thing and clapped the team as they walked around the pitch.
I went down to the WSL and they ran out of Harveys and Fosters, I didn't feel like drinking Kronenburg or Cider.

Am I allowed to post that on this thread or is The Large One going to moan?

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I didn't have time for a drink before the match, I did the decent thing and clapped the team as they walked around the pitch.
I went down to the WSL and they ran out of Harveys and Fosters, I didn't feel like drinking Kronenburg or Cider.

You've just posted it :moo:
The Large One is OK ------------ although a bit sweaty when we had a man-hug at the Norwich disco :rave:

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
You are clearly one step ahead of me.

Go on highlight it or something.

You seriously can't figure it out?

Right, you've bought season tickets to watch football. You've stated and confirmed you've watched the football...

The events before and after did not or will not stop you from watching football. They are there for those interested in the events to add an extra experience alongside the football. The club is not going to abandon football for opera singers. So you can be rest assured that the football will remain

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
You seriously can't figure it out?

Right, you've bought season tickets to watch football. You've stated and confirmed you've watched the football...

The events before and after did not or will not stop you from watching football. They are there for those interested in the events to add an extra experience alongside the football. The club is not going to abandon football for opera singers. So you can be rest

assured that the football will remain

Cheers for that:thumbsup:

You went around the houses to make that point :lolol: fair point if the opera singer turned up free of charge and didn't expect expenses.
If the club paid the opera singer my point still stands, I would rather my ticket money didn't go to an opera singer.
It wasn't the FA cup final FFS .

No rush with your reply this time, I'm off to work for the day :thumbsup:

theboybilly

I thought it was a very simple post with no long words, so I'm not sure what you don't understand.

I buy 4 season tickets , myself and my family go, my point was I buy these tickets to watch a football match, not to see an opera singer etc.

There is nothing wrong with expecting to see my team score a goal at home, I didn't really feel like listening to house music after seeing us fail to score and the Watford fans lording it.

The Watford game as you know was an early kick off, I didn't have time for all of the side shows before the match because my sons had cricket training.

Sussex CCC were there to promote tickets for the current season, good for them I like cricket so fair play to them.

Again I'm not sure why your having a dig at me because I was disappointed with the match again.

I would seem that you don't mind Sussex CCC being there but purely as you have an interest in cricket but don't want discos and opera singers.
Fair enough, but you weren't forced to stay behind for the disco and you are not obliged to watch/listen to anything else.
The club are trying to cater to all tastes and still folk moan. Try going to some away games and see how boring it is going back to no post-match beers at the ground while the crowds die down etc. BHAFC are doing things brilliantly (off the pitch) in my opinion.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

... wondered the unhappy moaner on this thread, wistfully.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Genuinely bemused that anyone can slag off the club's effort on Saturday - it was simply phenomenal.

The 'Abide With Me' slideshow was moving, the LODEST OPERA SINGER IN THE WORLD was great, the football was good to watch, the place was full of school groups and junior teams and hundreds of people stayed behind for HOURS to throw more and more money into the club coffers.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Genuinely bemused that anyone can slag off the club's effort on Saturday - it was simply phenomenal.

The 'Abide With Me' slideshow was moving, the LODEST OPERA SINGER IN THE WORLD was great, the football was good to watch, the place was full of school groups and junior teams and hundreds of people stayed behind for HOURS to throw more and more money into the club coffers.

I was in one of the junior groups, with almost 120 others, many for whom Saturday was their 1st experience of the Amex or indeed a match : they loved the whole experience and no doubt some of them will become regulars. Walking back towards the coaches was great to see both sets of fans enjoying the banter, the occasion and the weather. I have not seen anything similar in all my years of going to footie, and was, for some odd reason, very proud of my club as a result.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I was in one of the junior groups, with almost 120 others, many for whom Saturday was their 1st experience of the Amex or indeed a match : they loved the whole experience and no doubt some of them will become regulars. Walking back towards the coaches was great to see both sets of fans enjoying the banter, the occasion and the weather. I have not seen anything similar in all my years of going to footie, and was, for some odd reason, very proud of my club as a result.

Nah, should have made them stand on crumbling terraces, get pelted with coins, have a half time choice of pissing up a stinking wall or a cup of something lukewarm, stinking and brown (not being sure which smelt better) and then get threatened by a load of teenage morons on the way home.

That's the way to make sure they become pwopa fans :thumbsup: and football wouldn't be dieing on it's feet :facepalm:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I did not attend this particular post-match party but I am delighted to hear it was another success. I thought the pre-match was absolutely superb on saturday. The cricket and tennis nets were great, along with the bandstand all creating a a wonderful pre-match buzz. The "Abide With Me" slideshow was fantastic and a really classy touch from the Albion.

The club have more plans for next season too and I think the ongoing development of the matchday experience is just brilliant. I am extremely proud of the way the club are innovating on this front, it's about time some clubs started to think this way. Once again it will be the Albion leading the way for others to follow.

smiler

Jan 12, 2006
Shoreham by Sea
I did not attend this particular post-match party but I am delighted to hear it was another success. I thought the pre-match was absolutely superb on saturday. The cricket and tennis nets were great, along with the bandstand all creating a a wonderful pre-match buzz. The "Abide With Me" slideshow was fantastic and a really classy touch from the Albion.

The club have more plans for next season too and I think the ongoing development of the matchday experience is just brilliant. I am extremely proud of the way the club are innovating on this front, it's about time some clubs started to think this way. Once again it will be the Albion leading the way for others to follow.

It would be nice if we won a match sometimes or even scored a goal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here