Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post-match party in the East concourse again tomorrow

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Did rr do some juggling on a unicycle:facepalm: FOOTBALLS DEAD!:([/QUOTE

29000 people turned up to watch an entertaining game of football and enjoy drinks after the match whilst mixing with the away supporters. A disco on the concourse and fun stuff for the kids does not constitute the death of football.
Very much this. Just imagine how healthy our club would be if we were flying high in the division. We just have to wait for that day, not cancel the other attractions at the football club. No one is forcing anyone to attend these attractions. Well done club I say!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Did rr do some juggling on a unicycle:facepalm: FOOTBALLS DEAD!:(

Well you just carry on sobbing gently into your pint in the corner, chuntering away to yourself "Fings ain't wot they used to be"... and the rest of us (and yes, many of us are old enough to remember it how it was in the 70/80's) will carry on enjoying the football of the future!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I really don't understand posts like yours and the similar "I'd rather the club focused on scoring goals/winning games/getting promoted" posts that happen.

The Albion is a fair-sized organisation now with many groups of people doing different things. Those who are responsible for the family-friendly activities that take place on a match day will not be involved with finding players, training players nor actually playing.

Although our strike force might look as though they've spent all week learning how to play cricket in a shark costume and honing their concourse disco DJ skills, they actually haven't.

I thought it was a very simple post with no long words, so I'm not sure what you don't understand.

I buy 4 season tickets , myself and my family go, my point was I buy these tickets to watch a football match, not to see an opera singer etc.

There is nothing wrong with expecting to see my team score a goal at home, I didn't really feel like listening to house music after seeing us fail to score and the Watford fans lording it.

The Watford game as you know was an early kick off, I didn't have time for all of the side shows before the match because my sons had cricket training.

Sussex CCC were there to promote tickets for the current season, good for them I like cricket so fair play to them.

Again I'm not sure why your having a dig at me because I was disappointed with the match again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought it was a very simple post with no long words, so I'm not sure what you don't understand.

I buy 4 season tickets , myself and my family go, my point was I buy these tickets to watch a football match, not to see an opera singer etc.

There is nothing wrong with expecting to see my team score a goal at home, I didn't really feel like listening to house music after seeing us fail to score and the Watford fans lording it.

The Watford game as you know was an early kick off, I didn't have time for all of the side shows before the match because my sons had cricket training.

Sussex CCC were there to promote tickets for the current season, good for them I like cricket so fair play to them.

Again I'm not sure why your having a dig at me because I was disappointed with the match again.

It seems that you are the one hard of understanding. His point is that (contrary to your suggestion) the laying on of peripheral stuff, does not in any way impact on the club's ability to 'concentrate on the on pitch' part.

Because, very obviously, the parts of the club adding value with this stuff are nothing whatsoever to do with the playing side.

It's really not hard.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
However much they put into the other stuff or if you insist "match day experience" it really is irrelevant.

Get the on pitch stuff right and everything else looks after itself.

Personally I'm fed up with away fans having a good time at the AMEX, I want them to go home miserable.

Nail on head.

Maybe this chap has put his point is a better way than myself [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It seems that you are the one hard of understanding. His point is that (contrary to your suggestion) the laying on of peripheral stuff, does not in any way impact on the club's ability to 'concentrate on the on pitch' part.

Because, very obviously, the parts of the club adding value with this stuff are nothing whatsoever to do with the playing side.

It's really not hard.

I'd actually go as far as to say these sorts of extra curricular activities SHOULD help us get better players. If people arrive early and leave late they're spending and that all goes to the bottom line.

However, I think the point being made is that we didn't have much to celebrate. Good on the club for yesterday and the Mods and Rockers thing, Just a shame we've had the piss taken out of us for the entire rest of the season.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

It's really not hard.

Listen, my point is I go to watch football, and hope to see us win.

I don't give a monkeys about the other stuff.

When did we last score at home?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For the record, it was excellent.

Hats off to the club. The whole "Amex experience" thing could not have been better today.

Before the game Moshe Jnr got to bowl at Sid the Shark, throw sponges at Guy Butters, and play tennis with Greg Rudsedski.

After the game we had a lovely time in and outside East Stand Lower. In between his game of football with a bunch of other kids he had magic photos with Calde, Bruno, Stocko, Greer and CMS. Then we moved inside and had a great laugh with the disco,

When my kids were little we used to call it 'Pirates Deep'.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

Did you, or did you not get to see the football? Or did you only see the opera singer?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Against Wolves in a 1-1 draw. Since then we've played 4 games without a goal. Which is shit. We all know it's shit, but that has nothing to do with this argument.

Four home games with no goals would be shit if there was a disco / kids entertainment / gourmet pies / guest beers, or shit if there wasn't.

The other stuff means that some people go home thinking 'I've had a decent afternoon even though the game wasn't great' rather than 'that was shit'. REALLY struggling to see the problem.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Against Wolves in a 1-1 draw. Since then we've played 4 games without a goal. Which is shit. We all know it's shit, but that has nothing to do with this argument.

Four home games with no goals would be shit if there was a disco / kids entertainment / gourmet pies / guest beers, or shit if there wasn't.

The other stuff means that some people go home thinking 'I've had a decent afternoon even though the game wasn't great' rather than 'that was shit'. REALLY struggling to see the problem.

This isn't going anywhere Hans.

Ok just for you, some people went home happy, unfortunately I didnt

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I got there by the time the tedious fanzone was going on...did the opera singer gave a sing song?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

This is a thread about the peripherals around the main event (i.e. the game), neither of which particularly have anything to do with each other. If you don't care about the 'other stuff', why are you bothering to post on this thread?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here