Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
I posted on here the other day that Adams has been a disaster,

Has been heavily backed and has signed about 30 players since he was here, a different formation every game, players dropped with no explanation then released, spiky interviews with the local press on a daily basis

Then last few weeks has gone into crucial games with 424 formation which we got battered in

Should have gone weeks ago

Shame it has not worked, I think if anything he was backed too well and as a result changed the players every game

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I posted on here the other day that Adams has been a disaster,

Has been heavily backed and has signed about 30 players since he was here, a different formation every game, players dropped with no explanation then released, spiky interviews with the local press on a daily basis

Then last few weeks has gone into crucial games with 424 formation which we got battered in

Should have gone weeks ago

Shame it has not worked, I think if anything he was backed too well and as a result changed the players every game

Oh dear,a lot of that sounds rather familiar.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
He started at Fulham in what, 97? 18 years a manager is a lot better than most, he has made a decent living over that time.

He always relied on players he knew and an upandat'em team spirit rather than the tactical niceties of the modern game. Think he will end up doing scouting, some media work. Never forget that promotion team though, dragged us back from the grim times.

PG

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
This from the Daily Mail sums us up this season

"The Mersey ferry displays a quicker turning circle than that shown by the home defence for the two killer goals that came just after half-time, but then a cause of that may be a lack of familiarity among players.
A staggering 52 have been called up to first team duty this season. Adams played the selection and recruitment game like a man on the fruit machine, continually pulling the handle in the hope that the right combination would come up in alignment."

Have to say as a Tranmere fan living down here I never thought we would end up being one division above Eastbourne Borough! Sad times

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Not saying it's a fact, merely that football has its fashions when it comes to managers & perhaps his style isn't fitting in with the current trends.

I think its more to do with being found it. Adams was a busted flush some time ago and has been living off borrowed time. He did well here first time round but jumped ship too early, when the Leicester offer came in. His second spell was a disaster and took a lot of gloss off earlier achievements.
Too many BHA fans overrate Adams. It was, after all, only one promotion and he walked out on us at the first opportunity. When he took over, we were at a very low ebb and it wasn't difficult to improve on performance. He did well to bring in Zamora, who carried the team through two divisions. He made the big difference, not Adams. Teams were in awe of him. 63 goals in two seasons was tremendous.
He's lost the plot at Tranmere, same as he did here and he'll find managerial work harder and harder to get now. Only surprised he didn't leave Prenton Park sooner.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think its more to do with being found it. Adams was a busted flush some time ago and has been living off borrowed time. He did well here first time round but jumped ship too early, when the Leicester offer came in. His second spell was a disaster and took a lot of gloss off earlier achievements.
Too many BHA fans overrate Adams. It was, after all, only one promotion and he walked out on us at the first opportunity. When he took over, we were at a very low ebb and it wasn't difficult to improve on performance. He did well to bring in Zamora, who carried the team through two divisions. He made the big difference, not Adams. Teams were in awe of him. 63 goals in two seasons was tremendous.
He's lost the plot at Tranmere, same as he did here and he'll find managerial work harder and harder to get now. Only surprised he didn't leave Prenton Park sooner.

Sorry but l think that's codswallop, we were far from a one man team when we won the League Two Championship under Micky in 1999/2000. Yes Bobby Zee scored a hatful of goals, but we needed other players to supply him, and others to keep the goals out at the other end! I think you will find the likes of Michel Kuipers, Paul Watson, Danny Cullip, Charlie Oatway et-al had their part to play too.

Also remember that when Micky Adams took over, it was only two seasons after the debacle which ended with us securing our survival at Hereford. So to go from that to securing promotion in such a short time was no mean feat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The story goes that at the original interviews all the candidates said what they thought the chairman wanted to hear but he said when asked about the team that 8 werent good enough and would need to be changed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here