Houghton out

houghton out or in

• Total voters

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
dire football

albion1972 lights the blue touch paper and stands back.

5055032357_69d1d1be72.jpg

Fence. He hasn't inspired since coming in but I'd like to see what kind of squad he can assemble in the summer before giving him the chop.

Agree. We need a big ticket purchase early in the summer & to get rid of at least 1/2 of our squad, then build during the summer.

In reality a few will leave early in the summer & we will scrabble around in August.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I am more than happy for you to know I say out...along with the other 68% (voting "fence" is not a yes vote so counts as out)....

It's also not a 'no' vote, it's 'neither'. So you can't use that ridiculous concept.

I'm in, purely because he needs the summer to bring in his players. It's not been convincing at all but why boot him now and have a THIRD summer of upheaval in a row?

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
In two games time, Hughton' record is likely to be:
Played 24. Won 7. Drawn 5 lost 12

Hyypia's record was
Played 26 Won 6 Drawn 10 lost 10

Statistically, he is no better than Hyypia and the boring negative tactics are probably even worse.

I am disappointed.

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
It's also not a 'no' vote, it's 'neither'. So you can't use that ridiculous concept.

I'm in, purely because he needs the summer to bring in his players. It's not been convincing at all but why boot him now and have a THIRD summer of upheaval in a row?

He won't be allowed to bring in his own players. He get's given players then he says yes/no.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
In two games time, Hughton' record is likely to be:
Played 24. Won 7. Drawn 5 lost 12

Hyypia's record was
Played 26 Won 6 Drawn 10 lost 10

Statistically, he is no better than Hyypia and the boring negative tactics are probably even worse.

I am disappointed.

At least we saw goals under Hyypia,

They were all at the wrong end most of the time but hey ho.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He won't be allowed to bring in his own players. He get's given players then he says yes/no.

Got an insider with that knowledge?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
We weren't bowled over by Gus' first half season as manager.

We walked the league the following season and were singing, "We're ****ing BRILLIANT" - one good transfer window and a bit of patience and respect to the manager, and bop. We'll be back in business. Alternatively, we can have a little cry and stamp our collective feet if we want to. For all the good it will do.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
In for me too.
Needs to be given time and proper backing by Bloom to bring his players in. Club needs to be ruthless at the end of the season too.

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
In - needs to be given the Summer and until at least October/November.

I understand the idea of giving him the summer to buy some players he wants, but if they are shit like Leon Best then Hughton will be gone and we will stuck with them for another season and as we know we don't buy players in January.
I am really not sure what the best way forward is, is it get shot of him now and bring in someone like Mark Warburton and let him buy some player and start fresh or risk a summer and next season under Hughton. Heard that he did not bother to acknowledge our fans today and just went straight down the tunnel, very disrespectful imo

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

We walked the league the following season and were singing, "We're ****ing BRILLIANT" - one good transfer window and a bit of patience and respect to the manager, and bop. We'll be back in business. Alternatively, we can have a little cry and stamp our collective feet if we want to. For all the good it will do.

TB should be on the phone to Gus this evening begging him to come back.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The one thing I miss, from the earlier part of the Hyypia reign, was the wingback football that produced enjoyable watching-until we got desperate. The results meant he had to go though. I remember the matches at Noriwch and Wolverhampton which were at least good viewing,

I have to say that, lately, I've not enjoyed watching-even from a neutral perspective, trying to take something from the game if not the result.

I wasn't a Hyypia hater, at least we created chances to spunk. Although, as I say, he had to go.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

When you think of how many disasters he let buddy Burke get away with before he sacked him, and how he has stood and watched whilst Barber has destroyed the community feel and soul of the club with his corporate bullshit, then sadly I think it is unlikely to happen!

Not easy for a very successful businessman to put his hands up and admit he has got it so badly wrong. And I doubt he will.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

No but you could see the difference Gus made to the side and how he got his style of play across

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

You won't hear me complaining if he were to do that!

But I don't think it's the answer. I'm happy with Chris Hughton, and I think that he's going to have control of the summer window and bring in players who know this league and can get us on the move up the table. He's a man who knows what he's doing, and is capable of taking the club forward, I have no doubt about that at all. We just all need to be patient, which is much easier said than done.

No but you could see the difference Gus made to the side and how he got his style of play across

No, I didn't think so. I think with hindsight we can maybe see the impact he made, the difference he made. But he had a far better squad for that level than the one Hughton has inherited. Gus was able to add Lee Hendrie and a young Ashley Barnes to the squad, Hughton has only been able to add Kayal and the abysmal disgrace otherwise known as Leon "Best".

Hughton is the man to take us forward, but it's not as easy to back him right now as I'd like it to be.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Well, he regularly has Ince warming the bench & consistently starts Best. It doesnt take a MENSA grade brain to raise an eyebrow at those decisions

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
There is no way we can even think about getting rid of Houghton. Based on past evidence, it will take us until July to replace him.

We need stability, and whether he is the right man or not, we have to stick with him and give him the chance to rebuild the squad starting now, not in August!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

I honestly thought that I'd never want him anywhere near this club ever again. Even as the opposition manager. I'd welcome him back right now. It will never happen and we're likely doomed to have one shit appointment after another.

Surely there must be another Eddie Howe ready to take over?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here