Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan Athletic vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
We've had worse times than this before and gladly come back for more. The problem is that through the dark times of the Goldstone sale, Priestfield and Withdean there was always the knowledge that we were pulling together for something tangible. I don't get that sensation anymore. The feeling is that we are consuming product; nothing more. I don't feel as though I am supporting a team.

Sad times. Of course I shall be back for more next season. It's what I do. It's what we all do. Next year it will feel that bit harder to do so.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Bloom you are f**king shit he hires and fires

It's his money that has got us where we are. But yes, there does seem to be a problem in our recruitment policy. Perhaps we need to go down a division and get our mojo back. It seems that winning needs to be a habit and we are not going to get that in this division with these players.
So either a mega investment (if we stay up) or back to L1 where we belong.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Never_Give_Up1.jpg

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
It's his money that has got us where we are. But yes, there does seem to be a problem in our recruitment policy. Perhaps we need to go down a division and get our mojo back. It seems that winning needs to be a habit and we are not going to get that in this division with these players.
So either a mega investment (if we stay up) or back to L1 where we belong.
We're not good enough for L1 m8

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Well Millwall are unlikely to catch us now [ so maybe the game was irreverent] and even if they do there's the Rotherham case study, scenario, kettle of fish and it's nice to see smug Bournemouth and Norwich slipping up and more amazingly! …………………………………….. we scored.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
What a ****ing farce this club is, premier league ready my arse, one club, one ambition :lolol:, sucking FFPs dick, director of football bringing in bargain bin players and selling all the good ones, sacking one of the best managers we've had for reasons that haven't been revealed (for having ambition most likely), letting another great manager leave, hiring defensive managers playing one up front that are clueless (you could argue that Hughton did well with Newcastle, but I could've done well with them, and what happened when they got to the premier league? he got sacked, he did okay with Birmingham, but once again, they had a decent championship level squad (albeit not as good as Newcastle's but still), then he went to Norwich where he got sacked for playing shit football and bringing in shit strikers (sounds familiar???), and Hyypiä got sacked from Bayer Leverkusen for not being able to get them to win, which also sounds familiar), getting in a CEO that has turned us from a nice club with a community feel to it into a corporate beast with no soul, that pretends to be one of the Premier League big boys, when in reality it could be one of the 48 lower league minnows in August.

:angry: :censored:

Rant over.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
We Are Brighton ‏@wearebrighton 5m5 minutes ago

Hughton straight down the tunnel. No respect for the travelling support.

Hopefully getting his resignation letter from his briefcase to give to Bloom.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Little bit of hope for Wigan. If Rotherham do lose points they'll have a real chance of saving themselves. Thank goodness Millwall didn't win today!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
What a ****ing farce this club is, premier league ready my arse, one club, one ambition :lolol:, sucking FFPs dick, director of football bringing in bargain bin players and selling all the good ones, sacking one of the best managers we've had for reasons that haven't been revealed (for having ambition most likely), letting another great manager leave, hiring defensive managers playing one up front that are clueless (you could argue that Hughton did well with Newcastle, but I could've done well with them, and what happened when they got to the premier league? he got sacked, he did okay with Birmingham, but once again, they had a decent championship level squad (albeit not as good as Newcastle's but still), then he went to Norwich where he got sacked for playing shit football and bringing in shit strikers (sounds familiar???), and Hyypiä got sacked from Bayer Leverkusen for not being able to get them to win, which also sounds familiar), getting in a CEO that has turned us from a nice club with a community feel to it into a corporate beast with no soul, that pretends to be one of the Premier League big boys, when in reality it could be one of the 48 lower league minnows in August.

:angry: :censored:

Rant over.

Very well said. Agree with every word.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here