Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wigan Athletic vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
What a(nother) depressing half of football. We seem clueless. If we were giving it a go it would be easier to bear but we don't seem to have had any idea for the last month. I think he can sort us out eventually if he stays but for now Hughton seems at a loss. Would it be a surprise if he "did an Oscar" and resigned at the season's end?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Wigan haven't won at home since August according to sky. IS that right. If so we really are cack. How are we going to get out of this run. Worried that CH can't motivate the players. Need a massive clearout. IF "we need to sell" according to Paul Barber then we might get £10K for th e players we don't want. So that means Kayal,JFC Dunk etc will be sold. It looks like they want us to go down and play the DS squad in League 1.

so whats happened to the leo money..........................they really are p1ss taking muppets

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It was Bennett's mistake.

Been at fault for quite a few games recently. We need a better LB next season whether in this division or an ever looming League One. I can't see us getting another point this season.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This is just ****ing awful. It's worse than when Hyypia was here. And yes I am at the match.

At least under Hyypia we looked like we might score-we didn't of course but at least we were getting shots on target. Anybody know where our 'superior' -8 goal difference was accumulated? Hyypia's time or Hughton's?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Should have stuck with Jones rather than employ that passionless shite Hughton.
I think most fans thought it would have made sense to at least give Jones a run to see how he gets on. This is a good example of where the fans have a pragmatic approach but the men in suits are like spoilt kids and lose touch with reality.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just keep falling over in the area, the ref might award a penalty.
Our lot would find a way to start falling inside the area but go down outside it. And then they'd probably miss the ground.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Colunga has a contract but it would be extremely surprising if he was here next season.
Not convinced some of our contracted players will still be with us if we are serious about banishing the current malaise.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would it be a surprise if he "did an Oscar" and resigned at the season's end?

Not fit to lace Oscar's boots, I hope he does walk tbh. Dullest manager we have ever had, including Hyypia.

Not a chance though, he wouldn't get another job at this level.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Wigan haven't won at home since August according to sky. IS that right. If so we really are cack. How are we going to get out of this run. Worried that CH can't motivate the players. Need a massive clearout. IF "we need to sell" according to Paul Barber then we might get £10K for th e players we don't want. So that means Kayal,JFC Dunk etc will be sold. It looks like they want us to go down and play the DS squad in League 1.

Yes I agree but, if Gus Poyet ( and to a lesser extent his successors ) had shown some faith in that development squad instead of buying and retaining overage prima donnas (Vicente excepted) , we would have had a squad which would NOW be playing for the Albion in the Premier League. IMHO !

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
What worries me more than anything is that we are looking like Hereford in 'that' season. We are in freefall and are dreadful.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Colunga has a contract but it would be extremely surprising if he was here next season.
Not convinced some of our contracted players will still be with us if we are serious about banishing the current malaise.

Can't say I'd be particularly upset if any of those I have just seen play 45 mins of dross weren't here next season. That goes for the manager too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
so whats happened to the leo money..........................they really are p1ss taking muppets

Leo was sold in August so they've set it aside to make sure we fall within the FFP limit for the 2014/2015 season which is £3M less than 2013/2014.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
10 hours 5 minutes now. If we keep this up for the rest of the season we'll hold the League record. :down:

If people choose to be extra critical, there have been 38mins added on time that can be added to that total, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here