Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
stephens-ld229-2405837_478x359.jpg

Dale Stephens
Image by: Bennett Dean

PUBLISHED
06:00 18th April 2015
by Sam Garrett
You look around the dressing room and we’ve got lots of ability, so it’s frustrating to find us in the position that we are"
Dale Stephens
Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Dale Stephens has urged his teammates to discover a winning formula for the remaining three games of the season, as they gear up for today’s encounter with Wigan Athletic at the DW Stadium.
Albion played out a goalless draw with Huddersfield Town on Tuesday night and the 25-year-old is eager to regain his goalscoring touch to help fire the Seagulls to Championship safety.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s not about Wigan, it’s not about Millwall – it’s about what we do and we’re confident that we can go a step closer to being a Championship team next season. We’ve got to look to pick up maximum points, especially this Saturday.
“I didn’t think that we’d not win for four games, so the pressure mounts – it’s frustrating for everybody. We’re desperate to put it right and the only way to do that is to start picking up wins. It’s no good if we carry on drawing, as that's not helping us.
“I’ve said previously I need to score more goals; that needs to be part of my game and the same applies to everyone else. It’s something we’re conscious that we need to improve on, but we really need to stick together in the last three games.

“You look around the dressing room and we’ve got lots of ability, so it’s frustrating to find us in the position that we are, but we definitely have enough to see us over the line.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 25-year-old then revealed the impact of losing Joao Teixeira ,after he was ruled out for the rest of the season with a broken leg and insists he wouldn’t mind filling the void left by the Portuguese midfielder.
“He’s a strong character and I have no question that he will come back stronger, fitter and mentally tougher as well. I’ve been through the same situation myself, so he’s definitely a big loss to us but we’ve got a good enough squad to cross the line.
“It’s a conversation I've had with the manager as well, so if he selects me to play in that position, then I’ll be more than happy to play in that role. I’ve played there occasionally before, so it’s something I’d be comfortable with.”

[h=3]ALBION V WATFORD****
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.15PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here