Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amex Steak Pies

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What has happened to the steak pies? are they still steak and ale? I used to look forward to my steak pie now they are just filled with tasteless cheap chewy meat, what a rip off they have become.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I had one on Tuesday and thought it was ok but wont rush to buy another one. I dont think it was VFM at the price. This is only my view and others may think differently, that is their perogative

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I had one at the Bournemouth game and thought it seemed flatter and thus not as deep as normal, but still as tasty.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Before the game, I had a chicken pie which was well-filled, hot and delicious.

At half time, I had a burger for only the second time ever at the Amex, which was extraordinarily good for a football stadium... fresh crispy bun, meaty and substantial burger and some fresh salad.

Very impressive and IMHO excellent value for money compared to most/many football stadium products.

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Before the game, I had a chicken pie which was well-filled, hot and delicious.

At half time, I had a burger for only the second time ever at the Amex, which was extraordinarily good for a football stadium... fresh crispy bun, meaty and substantial burger and some fresh salad.

Very impressive and IMHO excellent value for money compared to most/many football stadium products.

Hi Paul

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
I have been buying these since day one, but the last six months they have only been half full and that is with gristle and gravy. Stopped buying them, I am in the process off writing to piglets to find out why the change. Very disappointed

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I have been buying these since day one, but the last six months they have only been half full and that is with gristle and gravy. Stopped buying them, I am in the process off writing to piglets to find out why the change. Very disappointed

probably because the club demanded they supply them at a cheaper price , they then agree to do this , then reduce thier meat content to maintain a reasonable profit margin, i recently bought a chicken balti pie , and thought was mistakenly given a vegan pie til i got to the last mouthful !
disgraceful! wont be buying another in a hurry ..

Last edited:

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Myself and my son had a beef one each last Tuesday and out of each one we had to discreetly chuck away a large bit of gristle.

The pies used to be great but now I really won't bother again,

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Agree. I had my last pie on Tuesday until someone tells me there is an improvement. They have steadily got worse over the last few months to the point I chucked part of the one on Tuesday away. Oh well save myself £4 a game as I'll make the effort to eat at home instead. Such a shame as when they first opened the Amex the steak pie was awesome.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I know the attendance on Tuesday was low and after the final whistle most people just wanted to leave as fast as they could but there was a massive pile of pies left at all of the kiosks. Same at the Bournemouth game when it looked like the kiosk by D Block was throwing out dozens, possibly a hundred pies.

I think the love affair between Albion fans and Piglet Pies is over.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I swapped from Steak and Ale to Chicken at the start of the season, I still think they are pretty good. The temperature of the filling seems to either be tepid or molten lava with no real variance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here