Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to AFC Bournemouth on securing promotion to the Premier League

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh dear. Today's ref didn't seem to have got the memo.

Silly bugger gave the red card and the penalty the wrong (right) way. Shame.

Credit where it's due though - magnificent strike from Ritchie.

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
Kayal would be good enough, Lua Lua is a talent to have on the bench in any Championship side.
///
Lua Lua is a talent for a championship side? when was the last time he was first choice in the team? He hits a football really hard I will give you that, but he cant control it just like Roberto Carlos couldn't control it. Just like Carlos for every 30 shots he has one will hit the target or go close and look spectacular thats the law of averages but the 99% are in row Z. I sit behind the warm up goal and every home game he's the one player who can clear the 12 foot safety net from 15 yards and get the ball in the crowd way off target. He's a one trick pony and has been worked out by most teams now (look at Bournemouth not one cross and never beat his man). 5 step overs then go for the line then a cross so hard that it hits the other corner flag, that's not Championship quality. If the defender sneezes near him he falls over nowadays looking free kicks, which he does get that often. I think it was the Cardiff game (I could be wrong) he got booked for diving late on then in injury time got taken out for certain pen but we didn't get it because of the diving 5 mins before the ref just thought he dived again.
I will say that the last goal he scored a few weeks ago was good and well taken as he placed it in the far corner rather trying to smash the goal to pieces, maybe if he tried this more often he would score more and be more regular in the team.
I just dont see why everyone else thinks he fantastic, if he was he would play every week and the last four managers Garcia, Hyypia, Jones, Hughton just use him as a sub every week which says they don't rate him that much.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Wouldn't rule out a 15-0 win for Watford versus us to be honest.

Amazing how Bournemouth gd is far superior yet Watford beat them like 5--0 at home.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Imagine if someone told you few years back that Bournemouth and Brentford could quite easily be playing in the Premier League, you would say they were crazy.

Feb 14, 2010
Imagine if someone told you few years back that Bournemouth and Brentford could quite easily be playing in the Premier League, you would say they were crazy.

Not really, Wimbledon in the 80s, Wigan also and recently palace did it with 12000 paying punters and giving seats away for free. Success in football is down to the players. A small support should be a handicap because they should have less money. Butr we have a large support but still are not cash rich in the transfer market for various reasons. Also its sport and a group of players can be brought together and they form a good team despite them costing no money due to good managers. Never happens at Brighton but doesnt surprise me.

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
Now, I don't want to say I told you so...

looking at their last few matches they're clearly mentally shot, and won't get automatic promotion. Given that, I would be extremely surprised if they did anything in the play-offs.

Okay, so I do wanna say I told you so.

It'll no doubt annoy the OP that they're still the slightest of slight favourites for the Championship and promotion, however.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
No way on earth that Bournemouth will fluff it now. They have two easy games left against teams with nothing to play for. I know Sheffield Wednesday didn't either, but they seem to have the Indian Sign over Lovely Eddie, as I believe they beat them twice last season.

Incidentally, isn't it a sign of just how dire we must have been this season that teams like Wednesday are comfortably mid table? Arguably the most uninspiring team in the entire league, with a chronic lack of goals in them, and not a single player you'd pay to watch. Yet they're sat up there, with no worries whatsoever, cheerily planning their fancy dress outfits for their final game in May. It really doesn't seem to take much to get by in this division. Dismal then, that we haven't even been able to reach those sort of dizzy heights.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Well I did say that we were nervous! Weds don't really have an Indian sign over us, our record over them is pretty good, but they keep getting late equalisers at our place.

Quite a few of us think that was the chance gone - being pessimistic lower league footie fans etc etc..Real kick in the guts that penno was - but Weds deserved the draw.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I did have a chuckle at the irony of Bournemouth conceding a last minute penalty. That's the sort of thing I'd expect at 2-1 down!

But in all seriousness, an attacking team with a young British manager and a new club to challenge the elite. All the best Bournemouth, I wish it was us. :down:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yesterday highlights the point of this thread. From 1/10 dead certs to 13/8 now.

1/10 was just stupid in the Championship.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well I did say that we were nervous! Weds don't really have an Indian sign over us, our record over them is pretty good, but they keep getting late equalisers at our place.

Quite a few of us think that was the chance gone - being pessimistic lower league footie fans etc etc..Real kick in the guts that penno was - but Weds deserved the draw.

I only mentioned it because I was under the impression they did the double over you last season.

You'll still do it. Others have harder games.

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
Yesterday highlights the point of this thread. From 1/10 dead certs to 13/8 now.

1/10 was just stupid in the Championship.

If Bournemouth were 13/8 to get promotion I'd like some of that myself, despite what I've said. 1/4 is the price I'm seeing, with Watford 1/5, Middlesbrough 4/5 and Norwich 11/8.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
For the Bore Muff lurkers.

choking.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
If Bournemouth were 13/8 to get promotion I'd like some of that myself, despite what I've said. 1/4 is the price I'm seeing, with Watford 1/5, Middlesbrough 4/5 and Norwich 11/8.

What odds [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] for the Ashes? You've got competitive pricing. Can lay it off easily.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Driving back from another footballing spectacle at The Amex I was surprised, knowing how tight the top four in the Championship are, to hear discussion of Bournemouth being 1/10 for promotion.

If Watford won tonight, and they did, it would mean four teams were separated by only 2 points with three games to play, although Eddie Howe's boys have a far superior goal difference which gives them an edge.

I've just checked over-achieving Bournemouth's fixtures and they have Sheff Wed (h), Bolton (h) and then Charlton (a). That's a nice run in.

It clearly is all done and dusted as the bookies suggest* so, on behalf of NSC, I'd like to congratulate the plucky minnows from Devon (or wherever) on their historic achievement. Well played chaps.

(* - it really wouldn't be funny in the slightest if they fail to take nine points from those three games and end up in the playoffs)

A bitter post , i had thought better of you,Good luck to them if they do it. But i fear they will bottle it in the run in which will be a crying shame

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here