Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to AFC Bournemouth on securing promotion to the Premier League

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
the figures you see include segregation, away fans that don't sell out and season ticket holders who apparently don't turn up at every game, the vast majority of our games this season have been sold out as in there are no more tickets for sale despite many people wanting to buy them, then the attendance is called out as 10,600 etc, but we could have sold many more home tickets this season if we had the room.

Ah yes, the segregation. It mainly consists of the press seats, which made for a very interesting experience at both the Millwall and Leeds games.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Good luck to Bournemouth. Always refreshing to see some new teams in the top flight mixing it with the more established names.

As well as the League, they've had a great season in the Cups only going out to Premiership sides Liverpool and Villa.

The team with the best goal difference should go up. 8 goals away from home in a League game is special.

The ambition of the club was there for all to see with the preseason friendly against Real Madrid.

Regardless of how it's come about, it looks very much as if their gamble is going to pay off.

Time for Bloom and the Albion to do the same and join the Premiership gravy-train.

Speculate to accumulate.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Good Time for Bloom and the Albion to do the same and join the Premiership gravy-train.

Speculate to accumulate.

Not going to happen anytime soon on the player front, I think that has been made very clear.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Been superb all season, the only blip a few weeks ago and even then they were drawing. Fully deserve to go up , score for fun ,even when 2 down at home to Birmingham last week when you could have got 4/1 for a Bmuff win - easiest money of the season.

A thing which really stands out is how they have a settled squad and just add the odd player who Eddie Howe believes is good enough to improve them.They chased that Birmingham youngster for a long time without success but will probably go back when promoted.Compare that to our shambles of recruitment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A thing which really stands out is how they have a settled squad and just add the odd player who Eddie Howe believes is good enough to improve them.They chased that Birmingham youngster for a long time without success but will probably go back when promoted.Compare that to our shambles of recruitment.

Having a manager who picks his own players does seem to have worked quite well but given how often we change managers I can understand why we would be a bit reluctant to give a manager free rein, or maybe that's one of the reasonwhy we change managers so often

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Not going to happen anytime soon on the player front, I think that has been made very clear.

And more's the pity, Icy.

Your signature of 'if you build it they will come' is absolutely right.

However the answer to the question of 'if you fail to maintain or reinvest in it, will they stay?' may be revealed in future attendances as the novelty wears off.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Trouble is, at best next season we could end up mid-table (another wasted year), potentially limited entertainment and in the end support will dwindle a bit more.

After 2 years of dull football under Oscar and Hyypia/Hughton, we really could do with a bit of flair.

On a positive note perhaps we'll unearth the next Messi at the training ground......

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Yor 'avin a laff mush!

The moment in the sun comes about, because football being a tribal thing, is about getting one over on the other tribe(s)
When it's the neighbours, or near-neighbours, there is a piquancy involved and such a thing is best savoured, more often than twice a year.

You could wander over to our board and see plenty of comments acknowledging Sussex bods who are realistic but the real fun is in the splutterings of those who believe in a correct order of things and that any upsetting of said order engenders curmudgeonly and churlish viewpoints.

You keep telling yourself that, 'mush'.

Personally, if my club were top of the league, the sun was shining, and I lived by the sea, and I found myself sat indoors trawling the internet, looking for churlish comments on OTHER TEAMS' message boards, from people who didn't share my love of my club, I'd cancel my broadband. Or hang myself.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Trouble is, at best next season we could end up mid-table (another wasted year), potentially limited entertainment and in the end support will dwindle a bit more.

After 2 years of dull football under Oscar and Hyypia/Hughton, we really could do with a bit of flair.

On a positive note perhaps we'll unearth the next Messi at the training ground......

I'm not going to blame Hughton for the dull football. He needs to add to the squad and be backed to do so. I fear he isn't being backed. I can't believe that should the backing be there, that he'd really be wanting to bring Leon Best type characters into the squad. Then again, he keeps playing him.

If Best does start on Saturday, then I'll be disappointed. Despite injuries, I'd play anyone but him.

rgb

Jan 14, 2014

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This thread is 5 pages long (for us 40 post per page people).

I've just realised why. The four Bumfluff fans are wetting themselves with excitement and bouncing it - probably enjoying the fact that their posts are replied to more often than the every two hours or so they see on their own tin-pot forum.

rgb

Jan 14, 2014
This thread is 5 pages long (for us 40 post per page people).

I've just realised why. The four Bumfluff fans are wetting themselves with excitement and bouncing it - probably enjoying the fact that their posts are replied to more often than the every two hours or so they see on their own tin-pot forum.

I've just creamed myself now you've turned up Simster

I've got the NSC_Latest_Muff_Thread_Bingo full-house. Top man!

Premier League view on AFCB in top flight

Reginald Lorenzo

Dec 13, 2014
Bournemouth fan, back again in peace, neither expecting nor wanting a response!

Thought you played really well last week, and hope you turn things around soon. Our season is getting incredibly nervy and I doubt theres one fellow supporter who feels the same way as the pundits or bookies.

If ever we did get promoted, I think we'd be happy with one season at the top! What would make it better would be if we could hang on for an extra year and we play each other in the top flight. But right now I just want to worry about Sheff Weds.

Good luck for next year.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Good luck to Bmuff and hope we pass them on the way up next season.

I cannot see how they can survive if promoted. #

However this season they are far better than we are.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Why is everyone crying about FFP? Leicester failed FFP and had to pay a nasty fine, oh no! I'm sure that will really hurt them with their parachute payments and their massive amounts of TV money.

The fact of the matter is that cheating to go up by not adhering to FFP is completely fine as long as you go up. If you fail in your bid you're in the shitter, if you go up like LCFC did and AFCB are looking like doing, they'll not care, nor will their owners.

The only reason I'm so pissed off about us not going up this season is that the new TV money starts next season and thus, the true beginning of the split begins. If we don't make it in the next 2 to 3 seasons we never will, and nor will anyone else, and that sucks.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Bournemouth fan, back again in peace, neither expecting nor wanting a response!

Thought you played really well last week, and hope you turn things around soon. Our season is getting incredibly nervy and I doubt theres one fellow supporter who feels the same way as the pundits or bookies.

If ever we did get promoted, I think we'd be happy with one season at the top! What would make it better would be if we could hang on for an extra year and we play each other in the top flight. But right now I just want to worry about Sheff Weds.

Good luck for next year.

Good post.

I'll wish Bournemouth the best of luck in getting promotion, it's too close to call and whoever get's into the top 2 will deserve it. I'd be very happy if 1 of those 2 is Bournemouth.

Our day in the sun will come but it's not this day. We have next to no chance of beating Watford or Middlesbrough when we play them, but you never can tell - we can't go on this bad run forever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here