Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

holiday hotel wifi rip off

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
A tablet / mobile phone is only a tool - whether it's good or bad depends what you're doing with it.

On holiday, it can be invaluable for planning day trips, etc. Sitting on Facebook all day seems like a waste of time, might as well be at home.

Can't imagine needing more than a few minutes connection each day, though (says the guy who couldn't see the point of always-on broadband, and now has fibre to the premises :blush:).

Jan 30, 2008
Just returned from 1 weeks holiday. The hotel advertise free wifi, which it was in the bar for 30 mins unsecured. Secured was available €10 for 5 days €30 for 1 month. There for a week so paid for 10 days €20 which was ok.BUT it only covered 1 appliance. I had phone and tablet so did wife, granddaughter had a tablet so total 5 appliances. Most people in the 21st century have similar. Bars, McDonalds etc offer free wifi for unlimited appliances. Why should hotels not offer the same other than to make extra money and rip off the residents.
why would you want to go on holiday and worry about using wi fi FFS :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
It sounds like they had a peaceful time. Nobody talking to each other and glued to their devices.

in Cyprus a couple of years back THOSE EASTERN EUROPEANS CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF WI FI ,some gormless boring individuals sitting there of a night time glued to their devices :shrug:
regards
DR

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I had no objection to paying, although the hotel advertised free wifi, which was correct in the bar. My objection was that it was restricted to 1 appliance which in the 21st century is ridiculous for couples.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I had no objection to paying, although the hotel advertised free wifi, which was correct in the bar. My objection was that it was restricted to 1 appliance which in the 21st century is ridiculous for couples.

But did you enjoy the holiday?

Ps you are the only person I know who calls there mobile or tablet an appliance

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Bit bulky to carry around

belkin-wall-mount-internet-fridge-09-450x344.jpg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is being glued to a tablet / phone any worse than being immersed in a damn good paperback ? Over an 11-14 day holiday I quite often get through 4 or 5 books while I'm loafing around by the pool or on the beach.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But did you enjoy the holiday?

Ps you are the only person I know who calls there mobile or tablet an appliance

Yes, thanks it was done to take young granddaughter on her first flight, We had s..t weather very windy apparently the worst Costa Del Spl can remember and it was the hotel that called it 1 appliance only.

Jan 30, 2008
only if you want to go on holiday in a home from home enviroment:dunce:
regardsl
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here