Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon blasts referee's penalty call after defeat leaves Albion still in spot of bother

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Inigo Calderon is convinced Albion should have had a crucial penalty last night.
But he admits they are concerned about their position just above the drop zone.
Albion suffered a third successive defeat as they lost 2-0 at home to Championship leaders Bournemouth to remain nine points clear of the bottom three.
Yann Kermogant’s curling 70th-minute free-kick and a dazzling finish from Callum Wilson 11 minutes later settled the contest.

Calderon led the appeals as Matt Ritchie appeared to handle just inside his own box between the goals.
He told The Argus: “For me it was a clear handball. The ref told me it was a clear handball but he didn’t think it was on purpose.
“For me it’s handball and a handball is a penalty, always, Simple.”
The Albion midfielder admitted: “I don’t want to be in trouble going into the last two or three games because anything can happen.
“The team are doing everything we can in every single game but sometimes it’s not working.”
Bournemouth boss Eddie Howe said: “It took a bit of magic to win the game. I think there’s little bit of relief in there because I think it was very evident from early on that it wasn’t going to be a high-scoring game.”
Fulham and Wigan drew 2-2 in the other Championship clash last night.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here