Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton: It's a tough defeat to take - but we should have had a penalty [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton admitted defeat by the Championship leaders was tough to take tonight.
But the Albion boss felt his side should have been awarded a penalty in the 2-0 reverse to Bournemouth.
Yann Kermogant and Callum Wilson produced classy finishes after the Seagulls had matched their visitors for 70 minutes.
But there were penalty shouts in the period between the goals.
Hughton said: "It was a tough one to take. I thought for 70 minutes we were very good.
"In possession we were very good, particularly in the first half. I was disappointed to be just 0-0 at half-time.”
Kermogant broke the deadlock with a superb curling free-kick.
Hughton said: "From our point of view it's a soft goal because we have given them an opportunity and they've got quality.

"It's a wonderful strike. I need to analyse it properly. It's a great strike but it's gone in on the keeper's side."Inigo Calderon led the appeals for handball against Matt Ritchie shortly before Wilson added a classy second on a counter raid.
Hughton admitted he did not notice the alleged handball during the game.
He said in his post-match press conference: "I've only just seen it. It's an absolute penalty and that's at 1-0."
Beram Kayal left the action during the second half, with the contest still goalless, suffering from a back spasm.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here