Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apple Watch

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Apple phones great products best on the market....

Apple watches leave me cold. Leave the timepieces to the Swiss

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
I must've had every iteration of nearly Apple product they've made for years... but think i'm gonna hold for a 2nd gen of the watch. I dig it, but I think progress with it will be so quick, it's worth holding out.

That said, i'll probably end up with one once I see everyone else with them haha

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
I must've had every iteration of nearly Apple product they've made for years... but think i'm gonna hold for a 2nd gen of the watch. I dig it, but I think progress with it will be so quick, it's worth holding out.

That said, i'll probably end up with one once I see everyone else with them haha

I have been inspired to buy a new (regular) watch though, so I do have Apple to thank for sending me shopping this afternoon!

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Agreed and for that reason I wouldn't pay any more than the Sport. I'd go 42mm/blue strap.

How changeable are the straps on the Sport? I'm assuming there'll be a flood of third party straps, official and otherwise, flooding the market two weeks or so from now.

I wouldn't be surprised if the June delivery orders are actually with people well ahead of then. It doesn't do Apple any harm to introduce the perception of scarcity from the off.

I went for the blue strap. Looks good. Was also given a June delivery date until I got email yesterday advising that en route.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
If they introduce one with integral GPS it might be of some use to me. Apple missed a big trick I think by not targeting this part of the market. I'm in favour of minimising the number of devices I need to work with, and as far as I can see, I can't use this as a running watch unless I also take my Iphone with me, so that they can link by bluetooth, so that's no advantage at all over my current position. Most of the other stuff it does, I can live without, or can do quite happily on my phone.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
I went for the blue strap. Looks good. Was also given a June delivery date until I got email yesterday advising that en route.

Lucky you. I went for space grey sport with a black strap, pre-ordered on the 10th and my delivery date is still showing as 'June'. From what I've seen this appears to be one of the more popular combos so I guess it might take a while longer ...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Good for you, but indicates Apple were playing with perceived scarcity as I suggested.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Tried a few on in the Apple Store and they wear and look much better than I thought. The Sport range did not do anything for me but the stainless steel range and the Milanese strap, a magnetic metallic mesh bracelet, was very impressive.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Have these shipped widely at all yet?

Despite working in "the media" and in a firm that only supplies iPhones to staff creating a bubble of Apple users, I've not seen one at all yet. Traditionally the new iPhone and iPad turn up within days but absolutely nobody seems to be going for this.

I've been ignoring the emails from accounts telling me I qualify for an upgrade as the issued 16 month old iPhone 5S has probably seen about as much use as a nuns bits and I've zero interest in going for a 6.... but I'll be forced soon enough - "image reasons", same as when all pre-4 users were kicked over as it no longer looked current.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Have these shipped widely at all yet?

Despite working in "the media" and in a firm that only supplies iPhones to staff creating a bubble of Apple users, I've not seen one at all yet. Traditionally the new iPhone and iPad turn up within days but absolutely nobody seems to be going for this.

I've been ignoring the emails from accounts telling me I qualify for an upgrade as the issued 16 month old iPhone 5S has probably seen about as much use as a nuns bits and I've zero interest in going for a 6.... but I'll be forced soon enough - "image reasons", same as when all pre-4 users were kicked over as it no longer looked current.

No. The very first ones arrived with people today. If you didn't order within around 5 minutes your shipping date was June although, as above, some seem to have made it out earlier.

Nice little Apple rant though that has nothing to do with the subject being discussed.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
No. The very first ones arrived with people today. If you didn't order within around 5 minutes your shipping date was June although, as above, some seem to have made it out earlier.

Nice little Apple rant though that has nothing to do with the subject being discussed.

I'll keep an eye out

You know me well enough to expect the rest... owned enough Apple kit to now expect nothing other than disappointment and style over substance.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Honestly, genuinely struggling to see the point of this.

It shows some of whats on your phone...on your wrist, right ? And it links with your phone, so you have to have your phone with you. So why not just...look at your phone ?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Honestly, genuinely struggling to see the point of this.

It shows some of whats on your phone...on your wrist, right ? And it links with your phone, so you have to have your phone with you. So why not just...look at your phone ?

Because Apple need to shift more new product so they hype this up to the Apple whore masses who of course lap it up as the new must have life gadget they can bore the pants off of anyine they meet. I laughed at the revelation you have to book an appt to simply get to wear one and try it on in order to buy one! Apple are masters at making their products seem exclusive and desirable. Its a watch with a screen...wow.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Jesus.....

I genuinely thought this was about apples the fruit, as I just made a fresh coffe looked out into the garden and noticed how bright the flowers were on our Apple tree and thought to myself mmmmm could get a good batch this year after getting none last year.

Also I maybe a bit cynical but has Bozza starting this thread got anything to do with the apple advert at the bottom of the page.

Does old age do this to you....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I laughed at the revelation you have to book an appt to simply get to wear one and try it on in order to buy one!

That's not true though. Everyone who received one yesterday will have pre-ordered online having never seen, touch nor worn one.

Anyone can go online now to order one. again having not seen one.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was going to order one but have gone off Apple big style. Wore my iPhone when out running a couple of weeks ago using an arm strap and sweat managed to get inside the screen. Took it to the Genius Bar and they wanted to charge £259 for a new screen.

I pointed out that they market the iPhone with the exercise apps as a sports device but was fobbed off big style.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Also I maybe a bit cynical but has Bozza starting this thread got anything to do with the apple advert at the bottom of the page.

I've never seen an Apple advert on NSC.

Adverts that any particular person does see are predominantly based on other sites they have visited and Google searches they have made.

All that said, I don't believe Apple advertise with the Google ad network that populates ads on NSC. I'd be amazed if anyone saw an official Apple ad on NSC.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here