Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should Sussex become an independent country

Oct 25, 2003
Would we (as in the Albion) still be able to/want to compete in the English league structure as per Swansea/Cardiff?

no chance, i'd be wanting us to absolutely DOMINATE the Sussex Premier League and qualify for Europe on a regular basis

although imagine the scenes if we didn't....

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now we have the oil, let's go it alone! Discuss.
There's nothing to discuss, let's do it already!
Yes - it was a kingdom in the past after all.
Good point.

Can I just check (purely to satisfy my thirst for geographical knowledge), is the oil in East or West Sussex?

Yes lets do it. As part of the split we need to negotiate the debt away. Bagsie Chancellor
I'm not convinced of your credentials to be Chancellor and I would like to see some other applicants. I would think that a basic necessity to have any position in our new government is to understand that we have no debt to negotiate away. The debt is not ours, we did not agree to it, and it is not owed by Sussex. I do not expect Sussex to take any share of the national assets or of the national debt.

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I'm not convinced of your credentials to be Chancellor and I would like to see some other applicants. I would think that a basic necessity to have any position in our new government is to understand that we have no debt to negotiate away. The debt is not ours, we did not agree to it, and it is not owed by Sussex. I do not expect Sussex to take any share of the national assets or of the national debt.

Fair point. My credentials are good but It should be open for all, it's is a critical role after all. And your starting position my on the debt is the right one, you are clearly a man of intelligence and need a big portfolio

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ok, I think we are all up for this. How do we take control?

We march (don't know where) with our cricket bats, stoolball bats and trugs in hand. Defend ourselves with shoveh'penny boards and throw Sussex Pond Pudding at anyone hostile. Now being fully independent we should claim back our rightful position of governors of all cricket worldwide.

Sideburns and straw hats at the ready.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
We march (don't know where) with our cricket bats, stoolball bats and trugs in hand. Defend ourselves with shoveh'penny boards and throw Sussex Pond Pudding at anyone hostile. Now being fully independent we should claim back our rightful position of governors of all cricket worldwide.

Sideburns and straw hats at the ready.

We'll fight them down every laine and twitten.
Through sleech and slub
Across every rife and over every bostal.
Till every man, woman and kiddie is thoroughly beasted.
We will never be druv!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Time for some stats:

According to the 2011 census the population of Sussex was 1,609,500. This would put us 153rd on the list of countries and dependencies in order of population (out of 247 total).

Significantly, this would put us above the likes of Trinidad & Tobago, Bahrain, Estonia, Mauritius, East Timor, Fiji, Cyprus, Montenegro, Luxembourg, Malta, Iceland.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
This thread makes me laugh and makes me think of the film ''Passport to Pimlico''

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Kuipers (has lived here long enough)
Lewis Dunk ~ Russell Martin ~ Steve Cook ~ Tommy Elphick
Dean Cox ~ Gareth Barry(C) ~ Dean Hammond ~ Solly March
Tudgay ~ Fenelon(??????)

Subs; Harrison Reed , Hall

We could persuade John Sullivan back into professional football for gk.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
you are clearly a man of intelligence and need a big portfolio
You've clearly started your pre-match drinking early.

Regarding my position on debt, I have learned some political savvy from the SNP. I would also like to point out that my position on debt is not my starting position, it is my only position. No alternative positions make any sense whatsoever.

We shall have a referendum. Students that are in Sussex for a brief period shall be made to feel that they're the part of something special, and that they're changing the world, and they will get a vote. 14 year olds who are fed up with life, should also get the chance to vote for change. Any Sussex born man or woman that is enjoying the few benefits that the world has to offer outside of Sussex, should not be allowed to vote, if they do not live here. It shall be made clear that this is our only chance to ever set ourselves free of the tyranny of the imperialist British Empire. Should the unthinkable happen, and we lose the vote, we shall of course demand to have the vote again, every 12 years until we get the result we want.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
You've clearly started your pre-match drinking early.

Regarding my position on debt, I have learned some political savvy from the SNP. I would also like to point out that my position on debt is not my starting position, it is my only position. No alternative positions make any sense whatsoever.

We shall have a referendum. Students that are in Sussex for a brief period shall be made to feel that they're the part of something special, and that they're changing the world, and they will get a vote. 14 year olds who are fed up with life, should also get the chance to vote for change. Any Sussex born man or woman that is enjoying the few benefits that the world has to offer outside of Sussex, should not be allowed to vote, if they do not live here. It shall be made clear that this is our only chance to ever set ourselves free of the tyranny of the imperialist British Empire. Should the unthinkable happen, and we lose the vote, we shall of course demand to have the vote again, every 12 years until we get the result we want.

steady a midship Trigg

I was born & bred in Sussex,lived there for over 40 years and I don't get the vote!

yet some spotty kid that didn't even know that Brighton was in Sussex until he applied for uni does???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here