Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] KUIPERS BACKS BLOOM'S MARATHON RUN

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Former Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper Michel Kuipers has pledged his support to club chairman Tony Bloom, as he prepares to run in this year’s Brighton Marathon.
Bloom aims to raise £100,000 for the charity, Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis, after his wife Linda was diagnosed with the disease 12 years ago.
The legendary shot-stopper was moved by Linda’s story and is now eager to raise as much publicity as possible for the chairman’s cause ahead of the event on Sunday 12th April.
Kuipers told seagulls.co.uk, “I went over to a charity event with Bobby Zamora and Steve Sidwell and I was really inspired by the story that his wife Linda told us.
“From that moment onwards I have been trying to raise awareness and support for his big race in a couple of weeks’ time.
“The fundraising has gone really well so far; we’ve tried to raise some awareness on social media and on the club website, but we’ve got two weeks to go now and are looking to make a big push to get behind the chairman and raise as much money as possible for this great charity.” *

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here