Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bus Park steps again

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Hi Insider
Further to my earlier comment, after the Norwich game there were streams of Norwich fans coming back down either side of the steps and one fan coming back down the middle.

It is obvious the new signage isn't working (and is it even visible after evening games?) and away fans are just adopting a herd mentality of 'which way? follow this lot' finding themselves in the coach park and then trying to get back down. Therefore in the interests of safety, will the club please reinstate the Steward at the bottom of the steps with the loudspeaker after games giving directions to the Park & Ride queues? Even if it is reviewed again during the Summer.

There also needs to be a greater presence of Stewards at the top of the steps to hold back any fans still trying to get back down. The one Steward there has no chance and when I spoke to the Security Guards by the top of the lift their attitude was' we are looking for alcohol, Stewarding isn't our problem'. Perhaps if they stood either side of the steps instead of standing together chatting, they would stand more chance of spotting it?

Thanks

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I have passed back your comments. We reinstalled the loud hailer on Friday, and will retain that in the short term and see if that makes a difference. Also, if people mistakenly go up the wrong staircase, it is difficult to ask them to wait at the top of the staircase. We do ask them to use the lifts, going back down empty, but most would rather use the stairs. As I said I've passed back these comments and the stewarding team have made some changes, and will review the position going forward.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I have passed back your comments. We reinstalled the loud hailer on Friday, and will retain that in the short term and see if that makes a difference. Also, if people mistakenly go up the wrong staircase, it is difficult to ask them to wait at the top of the staircase. We do ask them to use the lifts, going back down empty, but most would rather use the stairs. As I said I've passed back these comments and the stewarding team have made some changes, and will review the position going forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here