Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What does the (Albion ) boss say .......

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Why play Lewis Dunk up front when Greg Halford would be the tactical option ?

D

Deleted User X18H

Halford hasn't scorded 7 goals this season

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tim, I'm lead to believe that during the first season at The Amex, you could ask Gus Poyet what you wanted, when you wanted. Did you have his home telephone number and mobile number, so that you could ask him questions that you thought of in the middle of the night? Also, when watching us play, you must have wondered what the plan was at times. Did Gus mind you asking him questions during the middle of a game, or in the middle of the half time team talk, and do you think your questions at inappropriate times lead to us losing in the play-offs?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did the clicking so you don't have too.

By Tim Hodges from the Amex Press Conference

Albion boss Chris Hughton told Brighton and Hove News this lunchtime (Wednesday 8 April) that he wasn’t planning to give Lewis Dunk a centre-forward role despite the ability shown by the young defender in front of goal this season. Dunk is joint top scorer on six goals with Joao Teixeira.

Back in 2004 another home-grown defender Adam Virgo, now a BT and BBC pundit, was converted to centre forward from centre half by then Seagulls boss Mark McGhee.

Virgo scored the winning goal away at Leicester in just his second outing up front. He went on to score eight goals that season.

Virgo, like Dunk, was born in Brighton. He was rewarded for his newly found versatility with a £1.5 million move to Glasgow Celtic a year later.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
He probably isn't going to turn Stockdale into a forward either, which would have been a much more interesting experiment.

D

Deleted User X18H

He probably isn't going to turn Stockdale into a forward either, which would have been a much more interesting experiment.

The relevence being that Stockdale hasn't scored 7 times this season

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not enough people have 'scorded' ------that's the problem:moo:

Having soul searched for the reasons for failure this season it appears it has all come down to spelling errors.

Which explains a lot. Although Houghton appears to have improved things a bit, I still think Hughton is a better option.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Turn CMS into a forward. That would be something.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Mark McGhee was faced with a shortage of fit strikers. Chris Hughton does not have that issue.

I feel for Hughton having to face such crass stupidity.

Regardless, as I've said before, if you wish to advertise this site, please contact me for terms otherwise desist. Thanks.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Mark McGhee was faced with a shortage of fit strikers. Chris Hughton does not have that issue.

True. Hughton is faced with a shortage of strikers that can score.

D

Deleted User X18H

I feel for Hughton having to face such crass stupidity.

Regardless, as I've said before, if you wish to advertise this site, please contact me for terms otherwise desist. Thanks.
The gaffers initial reaction was to me was " good question "

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Has anyone asked whether Leon Best can't sleep at night because his extremities are cold?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here