Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone (sensible) want to meet Jeff Stelling tomorrow, Worthing, 2pm-ish

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I don't know a lot about football but I think his wage demands at Liverpool are out of order.

humpy

Mar 13, 2006
worthing
Why is it a select few then is it not a bona fide personal appearance ?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I'm going :), I'll make sure to report back with photos if they're not too horrendous!!!! It sounds like a lot of fun, I'm very excited!!!! Cheers [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]!!!!

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Fantastic afternoon meeting the man. Genuinely lovely bloke, exactly the same off camera as well as on it. Managed to interview him for a good twenty odd minutes on a variety of subjects, but was really complimentary about the Albion and CH especially. I'll do a separate thread later as I've got lots of information about why he was there, seems we've got some poll rigging to do soon chaps!!!! But for now here's a picture of an eejit and the legend himself.

image.jpg

Snowy

Jul 14, 2003
Perranporth
Interesting that was taken in the Beach House on Worthing seafront and they don't serve Carlsberg! (but if Lager's your thing they do a very nice Kozel, or Bitburger or Peroni)

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Interesting that was taken in the Beach House on Worthing seafront and they don't serve Carlsberg! (but if Lager's your thing they do a very nice Kozel, or Bitburger or Peroni)

Oddly enough there were pints of carlsberg knocking about, no idea where they came from!!!!!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Fantastic afternoon meeting the man. Genuinely lovely bloke, exactly the same off camera as well as on it. Managed to interview him for a good twenty odd minutes on a variety of subjects, but was really complimentary about the Albion and CH especially. I'll do a separate thread later as I've got lots of information about why he was there, seems we've got some poll rigging to do soon chaps!!!! But for now here's a picture of an eejit and the legend himself.

View attachment 64441
Very, very jealous. Jeff Stelling is the best sports anchor there has ever been by a country mile, and yes I include our Des and David Coleman in that list.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Very, very jealous. Jeff Stelling is the best sports anchor there has ever been by a country mile, and yes I include our Des and David Coleman in that list.

To make you more jealous he's a very warm lovely fella, very complimentary about my (non existent) interviewing skills and enjoyed my questions that I asked him!!! Very funny as well.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To make you more jealous he's a very warm lovely fella, very complimentary about my (non existent) interviewing skills and enjoyed my questions that I asked him!!! Very funny as well.
Yeah, rub it in why don't ya. Looking forward to reading your separate thread though.

PS - I met Fred Truman once (a cricketer, probably before your time), he was bloody brilliant as well in the flesh. Great raconteur.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I always thought Stelling was a shortarse hence my previous post, or are you on the short side as well Mr Worthingite.
He must be chuffed with Hartlepools effort to stay in the league I thought they were dead and buried a while ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here