Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ch1-l229-2380046_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:00 7th April 2015
by James Hilsum
I thought we showed a lot of endeavour and I don’t think anyone can accuse us of not trying to win the game. "
Chris Hughton

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton felt his side were not threatening enough in front of goal and says there is still work to be done before the club can feel safe from relegation.He said, “I thought we showed a lot of endeavour and I don’t think anyone can accuse us of not trying to win the game.
“We conceded a really poor goal in that first half period where we weren’t good enough on many different counts, but you always have a chance when you’re only 1-0 down.
“We were up against a Rotherham team that were better than us in that first half period and we had to improve. We had to assert ourselves more in the second half and I felt that we did that.
“But we didn’t have the clear-cut chances that our play in the final third should’ve created. We’re finding it hard to get the goals that we need at the moment and it’s putting us under a bit more pressure.
“We cannot think about how the team below us are performing. I’m aware that Wigan lost today, but that’s not something we want to bank on, because we need to focus on our own team and make sure we get the results we need.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Rotherham United manager Steve Evans was delighted with his side’s performance against Brighton, as the Millers moved seven points clear of the bottom three.He told themillers.co.uk, “I picked a team that I thought would be full of energy after Friday and Saturday and we’ve got it right today.
“You get it right when you win of course but we got it right because all bar a nervy few minutes, I thought the performance was outstanding and we dominated the game.”
“I think one of my staff described it by saying that it was like a play-off game today. This is like the first leg of the play-offs against Preston last year when our fans are really hoping for a result, but aren’t sure whether we'll get one because we’ve let them down a couple of times in recent weeks.
“But our fans have been sublime. The atmosphere in the second half at Birmingham almost gave me goosebumps and I’ve had some special days like that here and today was one of those daysay. I said to my staff, ‘we’ve got to hang on here today for the fans, just listen to them."
“Overall we needed to go and win a big match and we’ve done it."*
[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH**
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD*
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WATFORD**
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.15PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here