Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Money in vegas.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
When walking the strip you will get lots of Mexicans handing out cards advertising stunning babes for about $30 to visiting your hotel.

I never phoned one, but doubt it would have been as cheap as that if someone tuned up.
All this kinda stuff never bothered me until I had a daughter, then you think jesus that's someones daughter selling herself, very sad.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Gambling, warm weather, gambling, entertainment, gambling, alcohol, gambling, swimming pools, gambling. Maybe a trip to the Grand Canyon. Can't see the appeal myself, best cancel my trip next month.

I've been four times with mates for 4 or 5 nights each time. Still haven't been to the Grand Canyon despite planning on going each time. It would've eaten into gambling and drinking time.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I've been four times with mates for 4 or 5 nights each time. Still haven't been to the Grand Canyon despite planning on going each time. It would've eaten into gambling and drinking time.

Just booked the motor now. 2 1/2 hour drive to the Skywalk.

Stumpy Tim

I've been to Vegas twice. Went once for a big works do & saw one side of it. Then did a few days as part of my honeymoon and saw another side. It's an absolutely quality place to visit whoever you go with.

One tip... if you just want a few drinks casually then play Black Jack at the lowest possible betting table. Play sensibly and you won't lose a great deal & might win... and they'll bring you free drinks.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
There is one on the evening Argus Albion comments section who is always posting long statements usually of nonsence about a club who he can rarely see in the USA

Cheers all.

We are staying 2 miles off the strip at some beach resort place. We have an 8 person suite for 6 of us. They mucked up as we only paid 800 quid for 3 nights so less than 50 quid a night each. Same room ( we booked day fight announced) now almost 2k - so we have already beaten vegas.

Hotels on strip take the piss with prices for this fight.

We have booked a helicopter for the six of us to GC and can't wait for that. We are calling that day super Saturday with Grand Canyon and then the fight and then God knows what.

Flights to Vegas also crazy so going to LA and driving over (one of my mates has a cousin in Malibu beach to stay a night with). We fancied a day in LA so it made sense.

I am going to investigate pre paid account.

Can't wait.
If you are going for a casual trip that weekend this might not be the best option!!!

Firstly the prices will be ramped up everywhere. For example I got tickets for jay z on Saturday after the fight. I was very lucky. These tickets sold out in minutes and are now 800 bucks! (Bear in mind this is for entrance to a nightclub. Tables for that night start at 50 grand. Obviously this is extreme but gives you the general trend.

Secondly and importantly you are not staying on the strip. Therefore forget getting cabs before or after the fight. The fight will ONLY be shown at mgm properties. The entrance to Watch on a big screen will be around 200 bucks and that's if you're lucky and get a ticket.

In short unless you are bringing a lot of cash and are very organised that weekend may turn into a nightmare quickly.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
If you are going for a casual trip that weekend this might not be the best option!!!

Firstly the prices will be ramped up everywhere. For example I got tickets for jay z on Saturday after the fight. I was very lucky. These tickets sold out in minutes and are now 800 bucks! (Bear in mind this is for entrance to a nightclub. Tables for that night start at 50 grand. Obviously this is extreme but gives you the general trend.

Secondly and importantly you are not staying on the strip. Therefore forget getting cabs before or after the fight. The fight will ONLY be shown at mgm properties. The entrance to Watch on a big screen will be around 200 bucks and that's if you're lucky and get a ticket.

In short unless you are bringing a lot of cash and are very organised that weekend may turn into a nightmare quickly.

All good points. The hotel is only a couple of miles from strip and there is a shuttle bus which runs non stop. We are prepared for a battle to get the tickets for the cctv. It is going to be effing expensive but my mate said the fight weekend would be his stag weekend so we have to go!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
All good points. The hotel is only a couple of miles from strip and there is a shuttle bus which runs non stop. We are prepared for a battle to get the tickets for the cctv. It is going to be effing expensive but my mate said the fight weekend would be his stag weekend so we have to go!
Fair play - enjoy!

I'm starting to look forward to it now. Just debating whether to drop £££ on the tickets.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
It is called Tahiti village beach resort (I think).

If it's the one on S. Las Vegas Blvd. (there is an older location on Tropicana) it is quite nice and an easy commute back and forth to The Strip. I'm sure you will all have a great time.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Failed to get cctv tickets for the fight. What a bag of s*it. Oh well. It will still be an ace holiday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here