Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why do people keep dogs as pets?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Whereas cats

make every area stink where they piss, which is rarely there own house or garden

Noisy at night when roaming the street fighting

The crap anywhere and everywhere how many owners ever clear up after their cat

The kill or scare off all the great birds we used to have in our gardens as owners think its cool to have 6 cats per household and just leave them outside 24/7 because they are not pretty kittens anymore

Never seen a dog do that in public

They rip up and destroy furniture but cannot be taught not to

Their owners expect car drivers to be sorry when they knock over the cat they havent seen since they kicked them out the house 2 weeks ago because the scratched their toddler
What a load of twaddle...Cats are superior to dogs in many ways as dogs are for insecure people who need attention and comfort,but of course this is not always a bad thing as dogs have many good things about them and are great for loney and ill people.

Cats are independant and very low maintenance and have a lot of character aswell....They're fighters and very independant.I love all animals anyway and clearly you have many on here who have zero education on what animals bring to our world...Would guess most of these types are students as I find them the likely types to dislike animals.
When you go to zoo's and see idiots pissing around laughing at a tiger etc from behind the safety of the enclosure you instantly want to smack them around the head and throw them into the enclosure and laugh as they get mauled to death...well I would anyway.:p

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
What a load of twaddle...Cats are superior to dogs in many ways as dogs are for insecure people who need attention and comfort,but of course this is not always a bad thing as dogs have many good things about them and are great for loney and ill people.

Cats are independant and very low maintenance and have a lot of character aswell....They're fighters and very independant.I love all animals anyway and clearly you have many on here who have zero education on what animals bring to our world...Would guess most of these types are students as I find them the likely types to dislike animals.
When you go to zoo's and see idiots pissing around laughing at a tiger etc from behind the safety of the enclosure you instantly want to smack them around the head and throw them into the enclosure and laugh as they get mauled to death...well I would anyway.:p

eloquently put sir
many people have cats(and for that matter dogs) as their only companion
a little story her as to the difference between cats and dogs, many years ago we lost one of our cats, we searched for years even when we went to Wales to live(it is a very long and complicated story but surffice to say we never found her) while we were looking I was asked by a fellow who knew nothing about cats he said how would I know our cat in a field with a thousand cats that all looked exactly like her, my answer was I would call her, he said that would it be that easy as most would look around at you, oh no I said she would be the only one who would'nt and have the needle with you for losing her in the first place
see whereas a dog would be overjoyed to see you which would be right and proper
thats the difference between a cat and a dog.
we believe she found a home after being stray for a short while........................but her bumptiousness will live in our memories forever.
my mum love her always told me that you can judge people by how they treat animals

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Yeah yeah yeah, tell me something, other than catching (sorry torturing) mice, that a cat brings to society that has a benefit.

Your word independence, my word is selfish, its like comparing Jack the Ripper to Princess Diana.

At 3:30 this morning, we had to rush our dog Jess to the vets after she very suddenly lost all movement in her back legs. After the vet examined her, it was discovered she had no feeling below her neck and we had to take the difficult decision to have her put to sleep and she died at 4:45.
I'd like to share with you again a short passage which hopefully explains what she meant to me:

From the Old Drum trial in 1870;

Gentlemen of the jury: The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it the most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him and the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog.

Gentlemen of the jury: A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.

- George Vest

RIP Jess 2003-2015

Dec 15, 2014
Here
Why would you keep a dog as a pet when you can roast them for Sunday lunch ?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/heartbreaking-moment-little-girl-finds-5428950

I was told by a US soldier who had served in Korea that during a date with a Korean girl she took him to what he thought was a pet shoppe. There were dogs in all sorts of cages. The soldier picked one out and the dog was taken in the back of the shoppe. The next thing that happened was a shoppe employee emerged out of the back with the dog all cut up, wrapped in butcher paper, ready to be cooked.

Chinese man cooking dog meat.

article-2164353-13C6825E000005DC-72_634x791.jpg

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
At 3:30 this morning, we had to rush our dog Jess to the vets after she very suddenly lost all movement in her back legs. After the vet examined her, it was discovered she had no feeling below her neck and we had to take the difficult decision to have her put to sleep and she died at 4:45.
I'd like to share with you again a short passage which hopefully explains what she meant to me:

From the Old Drum trial in 1870;

Gentlemen of the jury: The best friend a man has in this world may turn against him and become his enemy. His son or daughter that he has reared with loving care may prove ungrateful. Those who are nearest and dearest to us, those whom we trust with our happiness and our good name, may become traitors to their faith. The money that a man has, he may lose. It flies away from him, perhaps when he needs it the most. A man's reputation may be sacrificed in a moment of ill-considered action. The people who are prone to fall on their knees to do us honor when success is with us may be the first to throw the stone of malice when failure settles its cloud upon our heads. The one absolutely unselfish friend that a man can have in this selfish world, the one that never deserts him and the one that never proves ungrateful or treacherous is his dog.

Gentlemen of the jury: A man's dog stands by him in prosperity and in poverty, in health and in sickness. He will sleep on the cold ground, where the wintry winds blow and the snow drives fiercely, if only he may be near his master's side. He will kiss the hand that has no food to offer, he will lick the wounds and sores that come in encounters with the roughness of the world. He guards the sleep of his pauper master as if he were a prince. When all other friends desert, he remains. When riches take wings and reputation falls to pieces, he is as constant in his love as the sun in its journey through the heavens.

If fortune drives the master forth an outcast in the world, friendless and homeless, the faithful dog asks no higher privilege than that of accompanying him to guard against danger, to fight against his enemies, and when the last scene of all comes, and death takes the master in its embrace and his body is laid away in the cold ground, no matter if all other friends pursue their way, there by his graveside will the noble dog be found, his head between his paws, his eyes sad but open in alert watchfulness, faithful and true even to death.

- George Vest

RIP Jess 2003-2015
There's a fair few of us on here who know how you're feeling at the moment. All the best.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here