Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best sausage roll I've ever eaten

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Bizarrely, the ones from the cafe at the Princess Royal Hospital in Haywards Heath. If it wasn't for the crazy hospital parking I would pop in to get some for weekend lunchtimes.

I have to go to the PRH every fortnight and I have to concur that they are very good.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
As an excessive eater of their fare, I was invited up to the Quorn factory in Redditch. There, they told me they had created an exact replica to the taste of dwarf meat, and planted into the middle of an oddly sweet and crunchy pastry. They allowed me one nibble. I cannae confirm whether the taste of the little people is indeed so fine, but that was one trippy and carnivorous-feeling eat. I now salivate whenever I espy one in passing, imagining she/he wrapped in filo and me with a hacksaw and ill intent.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
On a side note, i would love to have sausage rolls on the menu at the Amex. Simple but great food.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Close run thing for me, both from local butchers.

The ones from Westdene Butchers are fantastic but pricey at a couple of quid each, the ones I have more often are from the butchers in the Meridian centre in Peacehaven, lovely flaky pastry and a nice firm, suitably seasoned sausage meat, always try and pick a couple up on my way to the Amex.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Is it me as i believe sausage rolls need to be served hot. Greggs are tasty but again need to be served hot.

Jul 7, 2003
I think the Brighton Sausage Co have changed their traditional recently as it was nowhere near as nice as usual. As they didn't have anything other than traditional the other week I bought a sausage roll from Silo as they looked fantastic. However, the one I had didn't taste great and gave me an upset stomach. Maybe it was just a dodgy one but it did put me off.

Has anyone had sausage rolls from the upmarket bakers on the corner of Sydney Street (not Forfars!)? They also look good if expensive.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I'm back in Japan for a bit. This morning I am jetlagged, hung-over and starving. This thread hasn't half got me going, I am now desperate for an unattainable feast of sausagey goodness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here