Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The best sausage roll I've ever eaten

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Afternoon sausage roll lovers.

I’ve just had (delivered to me at work courtesy of Mrs MBH) the BEST sausage roll I’ve ever eaten.

It was bought from Silo on Upper Gardener Street, had a lovely firm and well baked pastry and a chunky meaty sausage that was generously flavoured with fresh thyme.

Beat that.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
To me a proper sausage roll is made with proper firm sausage meat and not the nasty mushy tasteless pink slime that gets squirted into most supermarket and commercially branded rolls

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How times change wife made some at Christmas in the old traditional way with home made pastry, hers is very good, and sausages but the young children under 18 didnt like them they prerred Sainsburys frozen ones.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Will have to check that out. It's also a café which produces zero waste.

And they use other peoples waste too - they grow their mushrooms in Small Batch coffee grounds.

I had the breakfast (slow-cooked eggs, treacle bacon, coffee-grown mushrooms & black pudding) in there last week which was excellent but dead expensive. I think it was £14.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
And they use other peoples waste too - they grow their mushrooms in Small Batch coffee grounds.

I'm going to get round to growing mushrooms in spent coffee grounds one day. The amount of coffee my better half gets through could easily make me the local mushroom baron.

I had the breakfast (slow-cooked eggs, treacle bacon, coffee-grown mushrooms & black pudding) in there last week which was excellent but dead expensive. I think it was £14.

Ouch.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Best sausage roll i have ever had was home made, by one of the ladies working in my office. Very upsetting the day she left and the knowledge there would be no more of her home made sausage rolls.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I heard Ernest has a nice sausage roll..

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
The wild boar sausage rolls hot from Sugar Dough by The Neptune pub are worth pigging out on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here