Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-l229-2365350_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
06:00 30th March 2015
by James Hilsum
I can’t complain about the performance; it was a nice clean sheet and we scored three goals as well, which is very pleasing."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women manager James Marrs praised his side’s performance in the 3-0 win over Lewes yesterday, in the adverse weather at Culver Road.Second-half strikes from Jay Blackie, Fliss Gibbons and Sophie Perry secured all three points for Marrs’s side in swirling wind and rain, particularly in the opening stages of the game.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I can’t complain about the performance; it was a nice clean sheet and we scored three goals as well, which is very pleasing.
“The conditions were awful to try and play football in the first half and we knew that we’d have the wind to assist us after half-time.
“I thought we used that to our advantage and managed to pin them in their own half, where the majority of the game was played.
“At the break, I said to the girls that as soon as they got an opportunity to shoot, take it. We needed to take advantage of any opportunities to put the ball in the box, so that we constantly put them under pressure.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Albion manager was also happy that goals are being spread around the team, before looking ahead to next Sunday’s reverse league fixture at the Dripping Pan.“The first goal is important for a number of reasons and it does settle the group down a bit. It gets a bit more nerve-racking the longer it stays at 0-0 and that’s when mistakes happen, but the first goal came at an important time.
“Jay scored an absolute cracker, Fliss showed some great work-rate for her goal and Sophie was in the right place at the right time with a good finish for the third. They were three really good finishes and to have three different goalscorers is always healthy for the squad.
“I can see next week being another tight and cagey affair. We’ll just have to do lots of work this week on what we need to improve on ahead of the game. We’ll be a different side next week and we’ll be looking forward to it.”
[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here